xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

what is the criteria to have freehost ?

hey guys,i just started reading about web design last month and i know my site is like a kids site so don't laugh too much. just wondering is it impossible for me to get a freehost here if i am not that skilled in web design. In short is there a criteria the administrators have to grant a request.thank you God Bless and good health !!!

Not that i know of, i bet there is all levels of programmers/web designers that have become members on FHN.Im not brilliant at web design myself but im learning fast.I think all you have to do is request for free hosting,

Hosted site's who apply will be here hosted, except for site's that are illegal or people who only take a hostingaccount to store files and etc. etc.

thanks that made me feel betterat least i have a chance :roll: what is a portal ? will have to research on that been hearing about it a lot.cheersGood day Good health & God Bless

As much as I know, FNH is not after webdesigns. In fact, that's why this is called FreeNukeHosting so that you can have your own site right away by using PHPNuke. You can install it by clicking on Fantastico in the Control Panel.

Not that i know of, i bet there is all levels of programmers/web designers that have become members on FHN.

Im not brilliant at web design myself but im learning fast.

I think all you have to do is request for free hosting,

FHN? Wow. A popular mistake... What's it stand for? FiveHoveringN*ck*rs?

calm down the language - whizz

A portal is a premade script that installs a website , ready to go (with a little editing) on your database (host) or on your computer (if you have a localhost installed). There are many variations of these portals. The most popular being PHP-NUKE ( https://www.phpnuke.org/ ) which has many different versions. The latest most up to date version of Nuke is 7.6. It comes ready to roll, and you can get many many addons, blocks, themes, and modules for this portal at the above website.Another version of a portal is called Land Down Under, which can be found at http://www.neocrome.com/ , its alot like nuke but with a little different way of doing things. There are also many themes, blocks, and addons you can get for this one.Another good one, if you are building a squad site (gameing clan) is called phpclanwebsite , it can be found at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . Again, it's alot like nuke (basicly all portals are built from the NUkE idea) Some of these are easier to use then others for beginners. For a first timer in portals, I would suggest Land Down Under. It's very easy to install and is easier to work with then NUke ( I think anyway ) but still has the same features as Nuke.Just shop around for the portal that best fits your needs, i'm sure youll find one of them to be perfect for you!You can start out by going to http://www.hotscripts.com/ , and do a search for portals in any of the catagories (PHP, JAVA, PERL) and read through to see which would be best for you.If you need a hand installing one, or if you would like to install it on your computer first to get use to it, PM me, email me, or add me to msn or yahoo messenger and i'll be happy to walk you through the installation process. :)