xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PHP-Nuke

Well its all a matter of opinion, and it also matters what you intend to use the nuke for. It works better for some sites then others (clansites vs. buisness). There are many different version of nuke also, so while one version maybe prefered by one person, another may be prefered by other people. I have used a couple variations of nuke and found them to be very nice but not very user friendly, they werent very easy for a beggining user like me to use. So far I have decided that Land Down Under ( http://www.neocrome.com/ ) is, in my mind, the best to use, again depending what your site is about. If you have a clan/squad site for gameing then I would suggest useing phpclanwebsite (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) , it is set up and ready to roll for any squad, and is very user friendly, has nice mods, and great tech support.But thats just my opinion :wink:

good site indeed. i wonder if they have implement a good review module in their cms, because the one that phpnuke has is pretty bad...

I feel that its better than phpBB, IPB, Leoboard & Discuz. :)

discuz? it's popular in china bbs board. right?i havent tried Discuz yet. could you introduce more about discuz board and plz let me know there is english Discuz support forum.
btw, i found new php-nuke support site.
nukekorea.net

I find many things in PHP Nuke I don't need....and things it doesn't have like a shop or points (money). The only thing I use in php nuke is the download anf forums and thats it

I find many things in PHP Nuke I don't need....and things it doesn't have like a shop or points (money). The only thing I use in php nuke is the download anf forums and thats it

There is also a mod for downloading for phpBB (the phpNuke module was also based on that).

LDU sucks!With LDU you can only manage news and updates.You can only manage downloads and stuff as a normal user,without admin rights.I prefer PHP NUKE or e107

There is also a mod for downloading for phpBB (the phpNuke module was also based on that).

Well thanks......now if I get that hosting.........I'll smack that in there!