xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

what portals does everyone use?

Hiall, I know there are many web portals available and was just curious as to what everyones favorite is. I have used Nuke but found it to be too difficult to operate (maybe im just dumb). Then I switched to phpclanwebsite ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) and I found it to be very nice and easy to use. and especially nice fr gameing squads/clans. I built a website for a church useing the OC portal, cant remember its url, but it was very similar to Nuke, not very easy to use, VERY EASY to install though. Now I am building a graphics website/community and am useing Land Down Under script (http://www.neocrome.com/ ) it is VERY nice, easily skinable, MANY MANY plugins available for it, easy to use, and works very well for just about any kinda website you want to build.

But, different strokes for different folkes ya know, so I was just wondering what you all prefer?

~ added the 'none' option ~ Infraid

I added the option other because there are so may portals..... abcde

I didn't add anything, just editting this post :)- whizz

~ made never-ending poll. BTW nice to see everyone chose a color ! 8) ~ Infraid

again, I didn't do anything - whizz

I use php nuke and php nuke platinum.When you first start using it, it can be a bit confusing to know what you'redoing. But with trial and error, it can be quite easy to use :)I have made quite a few sites with them. Unfortunately half of the sitesthat I've made are no longer available as the hosts have gone "belly-up" !!

I've crosschecked many free portals, rather than the portal itself, it is how you are going to make use of it and also how far you can change the look of the site to be more users-friendly. I feel most of the portals are good including post-nuke, php-nuke, mambo, wiki, xoom to name few. I'm yet to use one though......

Infraid, how about PHP-Nuke Platinum to be added to the poll.

The platinum is the same as Nuke, except it comes already fixed with lots of

extra mods, tweaks, and added security etc pre-installed. 8) :)

~ updated ~ Infraid