xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

how do i install phpMyadmin

I have got a nice and easy tutorial I made with screenshots that will help youI will try and load it up on one of my sites today and post the link for you.

I tried a few scripts to install a localhost on my machine and found most to be confuseing for a begginer ( ME ) and then i found Apache2triad , its an application that will install everything you need to get a website up and running on your computer (php, mysql, apache server, phpmyadmin)without it being on the internet. The reason for doing this is so you can test out different functions and scripts with your site without having to chance messing up the site you have published online. It is very easy to install and works quite well. Another you could try is easyphp , but it was written in itallian or somehting and I could understand it.

i got triad too, after tryn to install them seperate, triad is very simple and easy to install, you can sit back relax and it installs itself :)

it's easy, you need download once PHPMYADMIN version on https://www.phpmyadmin.net/ ,newest version is phpMyAdmin 2.6.1

download and unzip to the anywhere on your webserver

------------------

Open file config.inc.php and edit file

put your mysql database into this file

Host : localhost or yourdomain.com

username and password of mysql database, default is root and password blank .

how do i setup and install phpmyadmin on my site 

so i can do forums and mambo

U can download appsrv for install many things. This package include:- Apache- PHP- MySQL- MyPHPAdmin- Postgre- phpNUKE 7.4Good luck, I dont remember the link, please search on Google

Sorry dude, the link is down temporarily because I am upgrading my site to nuke platinum 7.6. It will be back soon :DWill let you know as soon as its back

Triad is part of the setup where you can run your site from your pc ratherthan external hosting. Tbh, you'd be better getting Inferno from techgfx.comif thats what you want to do.Platinum compatible themes can easily be done. There is a tutorial that comes with the setup files. Failing that, I can do it for you.