xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Digital Cameras

Hello,I?m going to New York and would like to know the best place there to buy digital photography equipament (cameras, memories, etc...).Thanks a lot in advance.Dilton.

Canon products are the best ! ... They have the best quality/price relation ...It all depends how much money are you able to spend ...About the place :P I can't help you , never been in NY ....

I would suggest going to circuitcity.com and checking out cameras on that site. They have a big selection, but the best part in my opinion is that they have pretty good user reviews. I bought my digital camera there based on the good user reviews and I love it. It's a Canon, I agree with "dado" they are a very good company to buy a camera from.

Can I know the model names of those Nikon's you have ... :) What kind of memory card supports (It's verry importaint thing) ...I hve Canon A80 , the only thing that annoys me is the weight , and it's because of the batteries ... Yeah 4 AA sized batteries are suplying the cameras power , i know that the never cameras has it's own battery , but this is more practical , because a AA battery you can buy everywhere , no matter where you go ... but I use rechargable ones , so it's practical for the big yourneys where you're not able to recharge te cam's battery ... And this Canon A80 , which I have supports the Compact Flash memory card which is the cheapest of all other kind's ... for less than 100 euros you can get a 1 GB card :) which is enough space for 360 high quallity images :) ...The Sony has the Memory Stick card , which is the most expencive kind , about twice expensive than CF cards ... So you decide , which is the best ... Well ok , it's normal that the more expensive one is better , but this one is under 300 euros , and in that cathegory I think maybe it's the best buy choice ...You decide :)

And I must say that Canon was always very inovative abot in the software support view ... I'm very satisfied with the canon software , it really has many good tool's , some of them I haven't tried yet , because there is a big amount of them ... for other cameras i can't be sure :) never saw them ... :)