xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How long to upload a site?

Not that I've requested an account yet but I thought I'd ask -- is there a time limit between when an account is activated and when you expect the site to go live? If it's not uploaded in a reasonable amount of time is it deleted even if that member is active on the forums?Just thought I'd check as some free sites have specific rules regarding these things.BTW, I'm mightily impressed with what I've seen so far. I've been checking out various free hosts and your community is by far the most professional and friendliest I've seen.

I immediately uploaded my own site, as soon as I received the pm form whizz. It's activated then immediately.I suppose they don't delete your account, they have a lot of work to do, and I don't think they're going to look at all thousand websites if there's something uploaded yet. That would be a hell of a work. :) But if you apply for this host I suppose you have a site in mind yet.And if you want to be sure, just install a CMS like mambo or php-nuke on your site. With cpanel, it's done in less than 5 minutes.This is really great hosting. :)

i doubt there is a limit...if someone has an account but isnt using any space at all i dont suppose its taking up that much of the resources anyway?Also, i see you are 'mostly impressed' - well, ive been using this place for a couple of weeks and im very impressed :) - its definately worth coming here...its actually better than most paid hosts ive seen

Even if there was a limit, the account comes with Fantastico, that means you can upload a site in 10 sec. So before you actually make you brilliant layout and design you can have mambo or PHP -nuke for the time being.