xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

PHPBB

Has anyone else used them mod programs at phpbb and can you tell me the diifereence between private and registed hiden groups in the admin panel willit work with vmware for windows?Any help appreciatedor would I be best to install linux on anther drive and run it from there

will this program run on a windows server or do I need to install vmware for windows to run or would I be better to install phpbb on linux.Also what is the difference between private hidden and registered hidden or is there any?Sorry for not being clear.Thanks :)

when you set a topic to "registered[hidden]" it makes it so that only logged in/registered users can see that topic.and "private[hidden] im not sure, it think thats when you only want to give certain registered users access to that topic.

about the group types, this is taken from the phpBB site

Open - All users may see the group and group members.  Users may request membership to this group.  For more information, see 4.4.1 Joining a Group.
Closed - All users may see the group and group members.  Users may not request membership to the group, but may be added by the group moderator.

Hidden - The group and its members are not visible to normal users.  Users may be added by the group moderator.  If a hidden group is moderator of a forum, the group will show up in the Moderators list.

and to run phpBB, you need to have php and MySQL running on the system. it can work in windows, but both of those have better written versions for Unix, since that's the architecture they were intended for

and to run phpBB, you need to have php and MySQL running on the system. it can work in windows, but both of those have better written versions for Unix, since that's the architecture they were intended for

PosteSQL and other some other databases will also do!