xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Domain, Subdomain, AddonDomain

What's the difference between setting up a domain on a subdomain and to apply without a subdomain, with only a domain? Can you explain it? I don't know very much of domains and how it works.

What's the difference between setting up a domain on a subdomain and to apply without a subdomain, with only a domain? Can you explain it? I don't know very much of domains and how it works.

I didn't know this either, but now I know why one is better than the other.
If you apply domain-only, you can only access your site from your domain. If you apply for a subdomain, you get your subdomain.freenukehosting.com, plus you can addon a domain. The entire addon domain will be in a folder on your subdomain, but appear to be on the domain. So if you ever for some reason have to switch domains, or lose it for a while, you can still get to your files from subdomain.freenukehosting.com/yourfolder.

So I signed up for subdomain after I found that out.

If you applied for Domain is better, because it faster to access your site. It only go through the DNS sever of FHN.If you applied for SubDomain and do an Addon domain.. then your domain will goes through FHN.com as a gateway 1st. Plus too many subdomain for FHN.

You need a subdomain fora site, but if you want your sub-domain+your .com domain or whatever it is then just forward it, if you can, thats if you want both.