xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Replacing laser assembly in playstation

Is any one interested in repairing there old playstation new replacement parts are easy to obtain and can in most cases just be screwed in and plugged back in. I can only help with relacement parts fitting and removal . The laws are different in some countries so only repairs will be discussed no mods or mod chips will be discussed if you do the forum will be locked let me know? :)

u know n e thing about xbox lasers? mines jsut about dead, and right as halo 2 comes out :P only good thing is i have my sisters xbox and i use that one now, but if i could fix mine that would rock. ANd as for playstation, i am getting the new slim one so im not worried :)

My XboX makes clickey noises and says it has to be repaired when I turn it on :) Is this a laser problem? Because halo will start sometimes, but then just sit there...doing nothing...for a long time...

I have got some info for xbox users alsotry this site http://gamemaster.com.au/products/
this site should be able to help you or link you where you need to go if you dont find what you want I will scan in the info and send to you.the laser ticking could be dirt on disc if not did you nock the console if you did the rubber supports that hold the laser mech may have dislodged or perished. In aus you will need a special screwdriver to remove the screws from the console but you should be able to get from tandy etclasers can be ordered online goodluckTom :) should be cheap for you people in us our dollar only buys half of yours

If you find some times your cd will not start or acts as if the machine is empty your laser is misaligned or not functioning properly. If the machine has had a lot of use but not been abused eg kicked or bashed then the laser is beginning to fail. If it has been abused then it could be out of alignment.First try a cd cleaning disk if that does not make any diference then look at relacing laser cost is 50-120 aus dollars for the mechanism depending on who is repairing it for you they are trade prices not reail :)