xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

GMail will offer POP3 access soon

The gmail is beta version yet. What after?I have a comun problem, lots of people and lots of sites registrations know my current mail adress, that was provided by my isp. But I believe I'll be changing isp soon, and I might keep changing isp like once per year, because broadband isp's here are changing service conditions all the time. This means I need a more stable email, that won't have to change every year.-Gmail seems nice, but do they have smtp and pop access?-They still beta, what is the probabilitie that they will continue the project and keep the service?-Will it keep for free after beta? I have experienced some good free email service that used the people to betatest, and when they have a final version they imposed a 'pay-or-die'.

Wow... GMail started offering POP and SMTP access. Look at the new features link in inbox of GMail.You need to enable POP and SMTP on each and every account you owns to access it. Read help.. the settings are a bit confusing.

Hmmm.... Strange, I thought they got the money from showing their adsense ads on the page and that's why they could offer so much MB ( 1 gb :) )

Bleh :shock: Good point Niekie, I don't see how Google are gonna make any money off Gmail without people being forced to look at their ads.

Naturally, anyone who does feel they suffer from them should look no further than the Firefox extension Adblock --> http://adblock.mozdev.org/ , or something like that :) What, not using Firefox? You must be mad. :twisted:

the only reason I use gmail is becaus of its simpleness. If they start putting all these POP3 bells and whistles onto it, i would be most annoyed.