xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

ftp client

I use WS_FTP pro. i have also heard that cute ftp is also very good. and some html editors contain a built in ftp client (coffeecup for sure, and i believe dreamweaver also)

In SmartFTP, is you use subdomain hosting then the thing you put for your server is yoursubdomain.freenukehosting.com. It's very simple.skyglow1

hey are any of guys having trouble getting your ftp to work???

from the account info i was given what do i need to to use as the ftp host???

i have tried every piece of info and still my ftp client isn't working, well it doesn't like the ftp info and nothing in the account info comes right out and says 'ftp host:'

You need to configure your details as follows:

host: freenukehosting.com

Use your username and password you were given in your account pm :)

I use a good program called FlashFXP, it works very well

i used cute but my evaluation ran out...keep meaning to get smart, but i am using 'fireftp' atm - a firefox add on...it does the job...but not good for multiple connections and for internal editing

I'm using FileZilla.. not because I find it nice or whatever, but just because it's the only one I've tested so far !(I'm the kind of person who trusts sourceforge)It does the job perfectly, so no need to change it...

FileZilla is robust freeware FTP client :) with pretty UI! I used totalcmd built-in ftp client, but FileZilla seems to be more reliable. You can get filezilla here.