xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Banned.lst

Yeah, thats what you'd think. But that means I could put up a picture of my butt, because I'm old enough and consenting. But most site hosters, especially free ones don't let you put up naked people. So whats legal by the law and legal by the rules is a difference... probably . . .

Yeah well the thing is, I dont want people to see my butt. :shock:

But we'd like to know if we could ...

err maybe a list of things acceptable and not acceptable from someone? And guidelines as to how to go about what to post...? Would be easiest?

maybe you could make a little form script near the frequently asked q's that generated it automatically....i.e. users post questions, questions go to admin/stay on site, admin/users posts answers...but separate it from phpbb cos otherwise no one will see it when they go to faq

If an admin would give guidlines it would defeat the rights of the freedom of information act. Common guys use your common sense here. You all know what is illegal and what is not. Plus the admin said that he gave him a warning... I am not sure what he was warned or even what he did, but I would have to say that if you have consent for mp3's on your site I am sure all you would have to do is present the admin with that and you would be fine. COMMON SENSE FOLKS! 8) Plus we all know what has been in the news as illegal and what hasn't. Take care. What do you all think about my thoughts?

If an admin would give guidlines it would defeat the rights of the freedom of information act.  Common guys use your common sense here.  You all know what is illegal and what is not.  Plus the admin said that he gave him a warning... I am not sure what he was warned or even what he did, but I would have to say that if you have consent for mp3's on your site I am sure all you would have to do is present the admin with that and you would be fine.  COMMON SENSE FOLKS!  8) Plus we all know what has been in the news as illegal and what hasn't.  Take care.  What do you all think about my thoughts?

Yes, we do.

But it's a free host, and there have to be guidelines.

Without them people could host anything, even stuff like stolen source code. Who gets prosecuted? FNH.

[spit] Intelectual property [/spit]

MP3s are the same deal. So is warez.