xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Simple question, thanks

ok you know how theirs kilabytes,megabytes,gigbytes, trigabytes, etc..? Is their such thing as just "bytes"? or what? becuase phpbb.com says "file size: 100000bytes" for example does bytes stand for kilabytes? or what? and another thing how many bytes or whatever the word"bytes" stands for are in 1mb.-thanks

just in short:8bit = 1byte1024 bytes = 1 Kilobyte1024 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte1024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte1024 Gigabyte = 1 Terabyteetc..etc..

just in short:8bit = 1byte
1024 bytes = 1 Kilobyte
1024 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte
1024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte
1024 Gigabyte = 1 Terabyte

etc..
etc..

Just a note, the 1024 comes from 2^10 (2 to the power of 10), and an important number for computers.

skyglow1

Tape drives are OLD.The terrabyte concept is still going to be under development for a while now, but I expect it's going to be a while untill anyone actually needs one for casual purposes. I'd like to see a 3cm 400gb harddrive sometime soon however :)

I've heard of a TB hdd. The only thing is is costs 1000$. wich is relatively cheap, because you pay 1$ per GB  :)

I know there are external 1TB hard drives, but one signal internal 1 terabyte hard drive? :? Any proof? And, what would you use a terabyte hard drive for? :)

Yes, of course, a shared computer or server. It would be interesting to see how large the hard drive is on the server we are on, considering we have 1106 members.