xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

My first site

its ok, but i have one question, that search box from google, can you get that free (legally of course) to search your website, cause i have always wondered if i could get that for my site

its ok, but i have one question, that search box from google, can you get that free (legally of course) to search your website, cause i have always wondered if i could get that for my site

Yes i got the google search box for free..

I having problem getting it to search for keywords in my site..

i`ll have to look into it.. i never read the instructions fully on setting the search box up properly.

saw your site last nite it looks neat hope i could learn how to make layouts like thathad some laugh on the fartrix short flickkeep up the good work !!!!!!Good day God bless & Good Health!!!

For my website I use a table to spread it out over the whole page. In the first column you set a certain width (like 150px) and then the second column you make it 100%. The second column will be spread over the whole page. YOu can even add a third column. (like 150 px)I don't know if this is good for your website, but I find it annoying when a website opens and doesn't use every pixel of your screen. It's a waste. On a 1600 width resolution it only takes half of the space!You just have to think what's better for your website: the layout or the efficiency.

"Help keep the site alive"? This IS free hosting, isn't it???  Last time i checked, "free" meant "don't have to pay money" as in "no money needed to run."

I pay monthly hosting fee Ł1.50. And i put the donation box on because ive seen it on other sites. I have big plans for the site but lack the time and effort needed.
Im thinking of getting rid of the hosting and redirect my domain(http://www.stonerocket.net/) to my FNH site.
Is that possible? anybody know?

"Help keep the site alive"? This IS free hosting, isn't it???  Last time i checked, "free" meant "don't have to pay money" as in "no money needed to run."

Yeah you're right for sure I mean .net domains are free right?
He could be asking for cash then donating it to this site so the hosting stays up or saving up incase this hosting goes down.

sry but last time i checked you had t o pay for ALL domain names

First, I think you went overboard on the scripts. They're nice, but don't really serve any purpose. I can understand the window resize script, although it's really annoying. I use mozilla, and open other site in the same window, under a different tab. It's REALLY annoying when your site resizes all of my other open sites, causing them to not work properly. I'd recomment getting rid of that script. Just a suggestion. Otherwise, it's very good for a first. Other things I'm noticing:Get a theme for your forum that matches your main site. Right now, they don't. One of the snowflakes is hanging on the right side of my screen, and causing my side-scroll bar to pop up every once in a while.

Yes but you are asked up front to specify in your application whether you want to have your own domain name or if you want a ***.freenukehosting.com subdomain. I don't know how you'd change it from a sub to a full domain after the fact.

earlier people were asking about using javascript to do resizing in accordance with their resolution. Talk about walking around the world to cross the street. Html utilizes a little concept called percentages. This also works in accordance to screen res. tables: < table width = 75% > that will resize it to 75% of IE or whatever browser is being used. Your browser determines its size from the res. so there ya go. have a good day all.

Rolf Your Site beats the hell out of my First Web Site lolConsidering all I used was old School HTML and damn near everyone with internet access used Dial Up lolLooks Good :PWish I had those skills lolYou ever need old School HTML Let me know lol