xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

My first site

"Help keep the site alive"? This IS free hosting, isn't it??? Last time i checked, "free" meant "don't have to pay money" as in "no money needed to run."

"Help keep the site alive"? This IS free hosting, isn't it???  Last time i checked, "free" meant "don't have to pay money" as in "no money needed to run."

Yeah you're right for sure I mean .net domains are free right?
He could be asking for cash then donating it to this site so the hosting stays up or saving up incase this hosting goes down.

Thats a pretty cool site, it looks good, and even better then some guys that have bein making sites for years.And for that ad thing, either he can have it there to get people to those guys websites or hes actually getting payed for them(doubt it), but who cares, i dont think its against the rues in google ads saying that you must have a paid webhost.

i found this script in you webpage while looking at your source.<!--// This will resize the window when it is opened or// refresh/reload is clicked to a width and height of 500 x 500// with is placed first, height is placed secondwindow.resizeTo(800,800)-->does that make it so everyone see's the website at the same size, no matter wat their resolution is set to :?:

Yeah it change my mozilla window to that size. A bit anooying, but everything else is proffesional and awesome. Nice color scheme too! The blue looks awesome :)skyglow1

Doubt there is such a code. Most proffesionals simply make their website bound to a 1024 width, and center it, so if you are on a resoliution higher than 1024x768, it still looks ok, but on 800x640 it would have a scrollbar.skyglow1

Thats your first site? lol I know people who have been trying for quite a while now and they come up with some ok stuff, but nothing like that.

do you know a code that will change the websites resolution without changing window size.because thats what i want for my website.

I dont like javascript - so dont know if this works...but i think you could do it in php/javascript - briefly like this...

1) put somethign like this at the top of the page:

<?$width  = "<SCRIPT language='javascript'><!--if (screen.width) {document.write(screen.width);} else {document.write('undefined')}//--></SCRIPT>";?>

2) where you have your table... (e.g. if you have one big table which everything else is in for instance, or set each one separately if you wish

instead of width="80%" or width="800px" put width="<? echo $width; ?>"

3) rename the file as name.php - upload and access.

----------

in between 1 and 2 you could do something like this

<?$width = $width *0.8; ///- to make it 80% broswer width (in px).?>

or

if($width > 800) {$width = $width *0.8;}///- to make it 80% broswer width (in px), only if the browser is bigger than 800

Thats of course if using % instead of px in the html wond do you....