xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

gprs (wap) on mobile phones

er...I think you just make any normal site, but stick to only html to ensure compatability and try and keep pages small.(I'm not entirely sure)

l3ladecraft is right. You're meant to make your website like 200 in width maximum or something. I read somewhere how to do it.skyglow1

I will try what you said thanks for that.the phone is a sonyericsson T 230 I get an error page to big to be returned but I will make it small and see what happends thanks.

Yep, if you want your site to be viewable on ALL phones, you have to use the WML language (similar to HTML, take a look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) and also be careful with the page size (for example my previous phone, the first one ever to support WAP, only could deal with pages under cca.1,5 kB size)...

But of course, newer phones mostly support either xHTML pages (a "light" version of HTML) or even normal HTML, Javascript etc. just like web browsers (a wonderful thing, really :wink:)

To open html files via wap you can use emulators (e.g. http://wap.nwgsm.com/is/w?sid=2099887790%23OpenURL), if you want to open your html you can change <html> and </html> with <wml> and </wml>, then check that everything with tags is ok (i.e. <p><a>test</p></a> --- not correct!!! <p><a>test</a></p> - ok!). Then check for tags that open your page in new window and for javascript.

Ready :D