xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Suggestions re setup time

Can you list the approximate setup time of free hosting somewhere I think this would stop a lot of unnecessary postings. I dont know about other people but if I had of known it would take more than 4 days I would of kept looking. A little clock displaying approximate set up time would give new users some idea of what is happening with there new site!when I setup on the old server it was instantaneous. :?

There isn't really a way to approximate setup time since each application is reviewed one at a time. I think the reason you had faster setup time on the old server was because the community was just starting. Imagine now, with over 2000 members, the servers switch. Everyone with an old site will signup for the new server at the same time. This makes the signup line a lot longer than normal!So after a couple days, and when everyone that was on the old server is happy on the new one, things should slow down a bit. In the meantime, post, help, and be active.