xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Dream Theater

The drummer is one of the best in the world. But dream Theater i dont like, but i like Iron Maiden.

In my opninion there are plenty better. It's hard to choose the best. It depends upon the chooser's pefered style. But the voters of Modern Drummer (magazine) can't be wrong so many years in a row. :)
Here's one of his many sets.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

mike portnoy = best drummerdream theater = a pretty good bandmy favorite song is from metropolis part 2 album, track 8, called Scene 6 Home, that is my favorite song of theirs

i love the band just for the solos they play. I get to see mike portney live at guitar center. my friend even won a contest and got to do a drum battle with him. It was freaking awesome. And my freind was able to almost win, hes been playing drums for like 10 years now and knows every one of mikes drum solos. Im working on trying to learn some of the guitar parts....but my fingers wont stop bleeding.....