xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

any cricketer here?

Whats cricket? I've heard of it but never knew what it was.Oh wait i think i remember someone saying at my highschool that its those hammer like things that you hit a ball with through these metal rings. is that cricket?And if it is, how do you know which rong to hit the ball through?

Well you are somewhat right:Cricket has been played as a recognized sport since the early 18th century. The origins of cricket are obscure, and there are several theories on how it started. One is that shepherds used to play it - one would stand in front of the wicket gate to the sheep fold, and another would bowl a stone or something at him, and he would have to hit it with his crook, which was known as a cricce.The first reference to cricket being played is thought to be in 1300, between Prince Edward and his friend Piers Gaveston and the first recorded match took place at Coxheath in Kent, England in 1646. The earliest known cricket photographs were taken in 1857, by Roger Fenton at the Artillery Ground.By the 18th century, the bat had developed into a longer, heavier, curved version of the one we know now, carved out of a single piece of wood. Today's bat was invented around 1853, with the blade made of willow, and a cane handle, which is layered with strips of rubber, tied with twine, and covered with rubber to make a grip. The 'V' shaped extension of the handle into the blade is the splice. The early balls were stones and other missiles. They're now made of cork, and covered with hand-stitched leather quarters dyed red.Cricket is now played at the school, club and professional level all around the world. The West Indies, Australia, Pakistan, India, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Kenya and Bangladesh are the teams participating in cricket at its highest level, the World Cup Cricket Competition.

yea... he crook their you go, but now that i kindda know what it is, i dont really know if its my sport, i mean i might play it for 5minutes, but more then that would be exageration.

Whats cricket? I've heard of it but never knew what it was.
Oh wait i think i remember someone saying at my highschool that its those hammer like things that you hit a ball with through these metal rings. is that cricket?

And if it is, how do you know which rong to hit the ball through?

lol no thats croquet (phonetically: crow-kay)

https://www.lords.org/ - thats cricket :)

Its an awesome sport...though its definately one thats good to start at an early age, if your not good at it then you can find that you dont do anything but stand on the boundary and throw the ball when it comes to you.

Yep, cricket is definetly a great sport to play. Test matches are a little boring to watch but one day matches are the go. If you wanted to play a fun online version of cricket visit http://www.sticksports.com/?stickcricket

Very addictive once you get the hang of it. There is much more to cricket than what you will see on the link though.

Cricket as they say is a gentleman's game. It is liked by gentleman like me lol.......... by the way South Africans are beaten by Indians in test match today.. Dec. 3, 2004. Cheersssss

WOW! Glad to find some indians here!

This series with SA was quite interesting. Sehwag and Kumble worked wonders. It was nice to see Ganguly's men win the game in such a heroic fashion. They have had precious little to celebrate for the past few months. :P

cricket is one of the best sport's around and although i live and australia and was born here i don't really like their team.fav player brian lara.always go for india when they play australia cause they got the little master sachin (i hope thats how his name is spelt)