xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Best of Dan Brown?

I read The DaVinci Code last summer. I think Dan Brown is an excellent writer, and I like how he knows a lot about the Roman Catholic church (although you're not supposed to believe everything in the book). People told me that Angels and Daemons is kind of a prequel to the DaVinci code, and I think I want to start reading it. Are there any other books (like Deception Point?) that I should really read by him?Recommend!

Has anyone read books by Dan brown that nobody mentions? Maybe he wrote some when he was becoming a good writer. They can still be very good books...

What do you like about the Da Vinci code??I beleve this book has two great points...the first point... (a great adventure "indiana Johnes Style")and another point.... what do we still don?t know about religion?I believe, that this book is great, because it shows how religious institutions hided almost everytging about the message that the enlighted ones tryed to leave us.(enlighted ones: JESUS, BUDHA, TRIMESGISTUS... etc.)Sorry about my poor english...Asterisco

I missed out on the whole Dan Brown movement - every 2nd person seems to have a copy of the thing ... it seems to be the equivalent to Harry Potter in getting people to read again.

What do you like about the Da Vinci code??
I believe, that this book is great, because it shows how religious institutions hided almost everytging about the message that the enlighted ones tryed to leave us.

Asterisco

If the message of an enlightened one was meant to reach us, it will =)

I remember the first time I watched the Omen series ... I was thinking "here are the events unfolding as told by Revelations in the Bible ... why are they trying to stop these events if they know how it all ends?"

There's Digital Fortress and the ice one... er... Deception Point... I liked Digital Fortress just because it had to do with computers, although DaVinci Code was funny... especially when they said Jesus was born in, I think, May.

I love the DaVinci Code ... it's not a 100% accurate but I liked the idea of Jesus having had a baby with Mary Magdalen. Wouldn't it be cool to meet somebody who introduces himself as the grand-grand-...-grand-son of Jesus? 8)

After reading the Da Vinci Code, I looked into the truths behind the book. There is a lot of evidence about Jesus' possile bloodline, I found a book called "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln, a very interesting read. It covers much about the priory, the knights templar temple in London and Rosslyn chapel.

Da Vinchi code is great, probably the best book i've read (i havent read many). Problem is, i dont know how much to believe :cry:.Who knows how much is true, but its believable... I read his other book, angels and demons, it is really good but i wouldnt say digital fortress is as good as them two. I'm yet to read deception point.