xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
madgamer01

Age Of ... Strategy Game Series Talk talk about the Age of series.

I've got to say, the firsty Age of Empires game was definitely a key point in the development of RTS Games. I thad the right amount of resources and unit types to keep you occupied for quite a while. And of course, the essential scenario editor nicely wrapped up the package. AoE 2, however, was not nearly as good so I've shyed away from the series since then. For now, I stick to Rise of Nations, which is very reminiscent of the original AoE, only with a killer soundtrack and a bit more deep gameplay.

Age of Mythology is a classic example of how the old world fascinates our imagination. The video scenes guide through the storyline much quickly and you reach fast through the story. I however love the graphics the most. Age of Empires III is also one that I liked because of the vastness in the story, starting with very historic to modern warfare. The technique is excellent.

I'm going to vote for Age of Empires 2 as the best. The second one was the boost on the first, but afterwards it all went downhill for me. It's really the same as it was with Command and Conquer. Red Alert 2 was by far the best(Renegade doesn't count as it was a FPS). It just gets to where the games don't even feel the same. Yeah, they have better graphics and all, but you don't look at it and say "It's AGE OF EMPIRES!" or anything anymore. It just loses the feeling.

Well age or empires is the best game i have played ever. It all started with the first aoe game i got as a demo. Rome one. I played the campaign and it was so intriguing that i used to play it whole day. Its like conquering a new planet. You learn something everyday. You can hunt? See that fishes? I can fish? New island! OMG Enemies

I enjoyed it alot. Then i started playing all the aoes. i went on a spree. I completed all of them. Age of mytho was awesome. Well when i read my favourite book percy jackson. It so reminds me of all the action and intense of age of Mythology.

When i used to play these i always wondered i would have a game like aoe about my country , India. Then they have aoe3 with ancient dynasties expansion!

So cool.

Well i have played command and conquer and rise of nations But still none is better the age of empires.

But i don't like the populations limits and also the small army regulation.

I have heard cossacks and alexander are much better in that part

Age of Empires I II and III are classics. I love playing multiplayer on III including the expansions. It's more balanced than the first two so you can really duke it out. In the others its more likely that the person who gets ahead quick wins. My brother and I used to play against several computers on the hardest difficutly level, which is ferocious in Ages III. We would have to hide in a corner and defend with all our strength for hours until the computers lost interest and then we could counterstrike and destroy them. Great games. Great fun. Countless days and weeks of my life wasted. :)