xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darvtech

Super Smash Brothers Melee Does anyone still play this game?

I used to LOVE this game, I was totally addicted. My friends and I would play it all the time, but since those years ago, my friends and I have gone our seperate ways - to different countries.

One of my friends got the most incredible Home run in the Home run contest. You use Yoshi, do a small jumb and the down+A move (the rapid bicycle kick). Get the punching bag up to about 200 or more damage and then home run on the last second. If I remember right, it was about 1275 that that record was. I came really close many times, but because it is so damn hard to do, I gave up. My friend was always better at everything.... lol. That was a long time ago, I suppose that my memory serves me right.

Nowadays, I play a game called GunBound. you can read a post about it here:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/7795-talk-about-favorite-online-games-gunbound-is-a-free-multiplayer-game/

By the way, I've never heard of those tricks with Link and Zelda.

Well my mate did not know but he knows of some supersmash bros. forum place where everyone is so good at the game.

I have always played this game and will never tire of it. I finished it, but I always can't beat a go at some VS match or the Event Matches. I love playing as Roy, I rock while playing with him..... I beat everyone with him. What's your favourite character? Even thogh Jigglypuff is week, his Down+B action move rocks..... It makes everyone fly off the screen..... You can't beat Event Match 51 without this, and that sucks. I like every bit of this game, and will always will.  :D

44523[/snapback]

I did not use this to do that level i just relied on my fighting techince with falco did it. . . 4th try

ghjcgj

55159[/snapback]

And WTF? is this about

Well my mate did not know but he knows of some supersmash bros. forum place where everyone is so good at the game.

I did not use this to do that level i just relied on my fighting techince with falco did it. . . 4th try

And WTF? is this about

57631[/snapback]

Sonic, I took care of the spam/useless post. :) I shouldn't affect his credits much because it was only a few characters.

SSBM rocks i'v played it so many times (i playing now) i'v bin beaten a couple of times and always came to kill my opponent from learning from my mistakes so far iv beaten every one at this game i'm probably not the best in the world but i may be in south vancouver, any way i never get tried of this game and i hope there maybe one soon on the DS (just as long as it is not frist person)

I have been playing it for ages and i never get board of the game. However i can not unlock the last level- the old yoshi one as i have no idea how. please help me if you know. Anyway i also have seen this trick, the sword one that is but have no idea how to do it!!

I've played SSBM for about 4 years, and I'm VERY good at the game. I use Marth, Roy, and Fox. I beat Event Match 51 using Fox by jumping off the platform, and doing his +B move to come through the platform and hit Giga Bowser. You have to continuously do this to rack up enough damage on him (about 300 to 400%) so you can +A smash him off. Do this 3 times until he is defeated. Then you have Mewtwo and Ganondorf left. Press B to blaster spam them. They will activate their shields and succeed in breaking them. After they break their shields, run up to them quickly, and up smash them off. Repeat this and you should beat beat the Event match. This is actually very easy to do, and is MUCH easier to do than the Jigglypuff Rest method. Enjoy!

super smash bros melle is such a cool game ! i used to play it 5 or 6 hours a day i have 367 trophies and all the charicters my faverate none secret charicter is kirby because of his flying abilaty and his turning into a rock abilaty he is realy cool my favorite secret charicter is roy because he is so good with his sword and his b attack can knock out a player in 1 a lot of the time !

My friends still place this game now.. but there is an amazingly underused character you should all try because it's one of my favorites and I win often with them: the Ice Climbers. I'm serious, their C-stick attack is one of the most powerful there is. They also shoot frozen cubes of ice, which are great at hitting characters because they have an arcing trajectory, and will slide off the edge of surfaces and bounce off of walls, so they can hit things very easily.Their down-B attack blows freezing air, very similar to the fire flower, and they also have a spinning hammer attack. What I like best is having two people at once, because if you have them both together they will attack from two sides at once. Also, you can hold down and do a C-stick attack, it totally shatters opposition, and in crowded fights Ice Climbers can just smash everything to bits (because, again, they attack on both sides).. so its a character that actually has a lot to gain from jumping right into the center of a fracas.Also, against like Yoshi, Yoshi can only get one in an egg at once, and you can then use the other to hammer the hell out of Yoshi. This also is generally true for all other opponents, too, they will be distracted by one ice climber and if its the girl (who you don't directly control), you can go up behind them and smash the life out of them with a hammer.I'm dead serious. I think Ice Climbers are what Kirby used to be in the first Smash Bros- the character with the unfair advantage that can destroy everything. Every single C-stick hammer attack smashes the life out of an opponent, even if they are at 0% damage.

ive never heard of this trick with link. if anyone finds out how to do it, or knows, please tell me :lol: would be fun to woop little brother with it and not tell him how -thanks

I hadn't played this game for a long time until recently when I saw a guy making an awesome trick with Link. He mysteriously digged out a huge sword from the ground and his power and reached increased enormously.
I've been trying to figure out how he performed this trick, but haven't found a clue. Does anyone know how to do it?

I've heard there's also another trick where you can play as zelda and shiek at once (you control both player at the same time).

:) all those ppl out there that wanna know about the link thing: ive got the answer! when playing as link do the move were you put your sword in floor(i think its down and a/jump down and a)on a metal box and then you turn golden!im not sure if its true cos ive never tried it but i also heard it can be done with gannodorf as well :)