xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Working on simple portal system

I am workng on a simple portal system for begginning users. It supports content pages, links, blocks, and news. PM me for the beta script. It has some bugs right now though.

Well, probably not. Php portals usually have a lot of security leaks. Well stay with this forum, and soon there will also be a webpage :blink:

I am workng on a simple portal system for begginning users.  It supports content pages, links, blocks, and news.  PM me for the beta script.  It has some bugs right now though.

is there a demo site to take a look at?

My web site uses this portal system. Although I haven't finished transfering my site over to this server (admin isn't up yet), i can get you some screens of the admin section.

I have installed on my machine, a localhost. So if you want I would be willing to test it out for you and look for bugs. If interested email me or pm or whatever :wink:

Hope you'll have it as simple as possible. What I mean is that you can integrate to your existing site design. If this is the case, I might be using it for my site.Hope it includes news, pm, forums, members profiles, and list and uses MySQL as database backend.

That depends on the portal. However, it is very difficult to write any full portal with login features and SQL without leaving at least some part of it open to attacks.