xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LunchBox

Anyone here into cars? Love to go fast???

I like cars there awsome... Dodge Viper GTS something something is my favorite

I like the viper too, but I could never own one. Those things have too much power for their own good. Can't take turns fast enough, and when you romp it for a straight line, they twist in all directions.
Other than that though, I really do like those cars. And now you can buy a pickup truck with the same engine.

To be honest, in the past week, I've seen over a dozen ferraris all on the same road... and all driven by old men. Drives me nuts.
On another note, my friend's dad just bought a new 350z, and I must admit, the things gets! Very sleek design too, I like it.

You live in the UK, huh? Lucky guy, you get all the awesome Hondas nowadays. That, and you have all sorts of other, more exotic than ours, automobiles. I could stand to wait if I were you, just knowing I'd be driving something loads better than what the US has to offer.

I once heard: "Sports cars are cars made for young guys that only old folks can buy" and it seems to be true! Unless you are one of those teen super stars :P or you have a rich old folk as a father :P

Quick question: How many of you guys actually drive? It's all well and good saying that you'd like a Lamborghini, heck I would too, but it isn't really going to get you anywhere. (pun)It's prefectly possible for you to have a great time driving a car without spending millions. What's the real difference between a Ferrari and a Mazda apart from the inherent snob value that is associated with the prancing horse. Yeah Ferrari's are much faster, in a straight line, but what skill does it take to plant your foot to the floor, for me driving is about different pleasures. On todays roads you can't really drive at speeds that make a Ferrari necessary, Christiano Ronaldo tried, and failed. I drive a 2001 Mazda MX-5, or Miata for you guys based in the US. It has a few performance upgrades that I might go into a little later if it's relevant, it's not slow but it's not going to take down Ferraris or anything like that. It's just a great little car that is really fun to drive. It's simple, lightweight and rear wheel drive, it's got enough power to kick the back end out when I want it to, but not so much power I live in fear that if I make a mistake I'm going to end up in a hedge. Unlike most of the world it seems I still enjoy driving, the manual experience, the art of getting the perfect line through a corner, the perfect upshift, the feeling of being in complete control of your machine. Just seems like it's lost on a lot of people these days.Edit: Good point about old people driving young peoples cars though, it is all down to money, people just don't have the cash to insure and run a Ferrari, let alone buy one in the first place :P

Edited by Hakkera (see edit history)