xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
s243a

Poem On A Mountain Ledge

It seems that people are starting new topics for there own poems. So here is one I wrote today well wasting time starting at the army system lol. :blink:On A Mountain LedgeHours, tick awayThe sand sinks grain by grainTime is like waterRunning though my fingersI stare and ponderWaiting watchingUntil my time has come.What this hour could have beenWhat this second never wasLife is for the wastingOf opportunities which could of begunThe hum of the computer fanThe persistent noise of tvThe silience of nothingMark the empty day.Mindless drivel on the internetGosop of others livesWhat substance we whish to avoidBrings silence to our mindsPast scars that never healMissed turns on the road of lifeDriving with our eyes closedHopping to get it rightNever getting youngerAlways running low on gasWhen will realize The effort we have lacked10 books in a month10 miles ran per day200 lines of code And not without partyOr playThe full life is never easyHalf of it we lostHalf that still could comeIf we get off our bumMost of us are far from perfectTasks which we learned by wroughtRoutines we follow day to dayCan be thoughtless, effortless slumpsTo be modest and no it is easy for no oneTo no what is easier for us is harder for othersSacrifice one skill for anotherexhaustion for great achievement.If we don?t try we?ve failed If we don?t start todayThen it will be harder tomorrowIf we try to fly we land on our headThere is always one more ledgeAnd the mountain never endsThe views will get betterIf we are persistent in the endThe darkness comes early when we rest to longOur muscles atrophy and our mind goes numbAre brains wither away in, stress, pills or depressionMarking the return to the child from which we had comeTo climb until the end, To fight for every dayTo no its for the climbAnd to be healthy for our time.

Well-done, a very long and lovely poem, although i don't quite get the theme of the poem, it seems to vary from stanza to stanza, but i guess it's 'Seize the day' or something similar.check the spellings too:)

Well-done, a very long and lovely poem, although i don't quite get the theme of the poem, it seems to vary from stanza to stanza, but i guess it's 'Seize the day' or something similar.

check the spellings too:)

71868[/snapback]

very coo stuff. :o I agree with most of things in the poem I think. kind of reminds me of the movie Ikiru. Yuppppp. But I don't really get this line:

Marking the return to the child from which we had come.

Anyway, Are is supposed to be Our here:

The darkness comes early when we rest to long

Our muscles atrophy and our mind goes numb

Are brains wither away in, stress, pills or depression

Marking the return to the child from which we had come