xisto Community
Someone

Suse 9.2 Pro

Let's start!First thing to know about suse is that this is linux :D So please if you have conexant or some other modems like this (you probably heard about them) and if you don't want to mess with installation of them then buy a new one, they are not expensive! Now, installation is simple enough, if you want to have win and Suse first install windows and then linux because linux boot don't recognize the linux so you will lost linux on boot! Just insert cd or dvd and then follow the words :blink: Choose the language and everything and be careful about partitioning because if you are not careful you might lose your windows or other os if you have it! Also choose the packages that you want and all that you don't And also I suggest KDE and not gnoome, KDE is nicer :) After installation you just need to configure everything how you want!Choose one desktop, this is enough :) Then if you have ati, drivers for your card download from suse page because they are better and you can easily configure you 3d acceleration. Now, games, there is some games that are good and you can play it on linux without emulation, you probably know about that but always is good to mention, ut2004 really good game, you can find more games on google, on tucows all software that you need, you know that linux has many programs for everything so you should not mess with new programs! Also if you want windows programs and games as you know just get cedega or wine! Phpopen source programs! Open office is like word on windows There are also many browsers. And as you can see when you finish with installation you are almost finish with everything, you just need to get games and other stuff like new programs!

if you want to have win and Suse first install windows and then linux because linux boot don't recognize the linux so you will lost linux on boot!                                                                                       

71667[/snapback]

I suppose that you mean that the Win boot does not recognize linux. That it is true but you can recover the dual boot quickly. Just after installing Windows, reboot your computer, boot from the SuSe CD, log in and activate Lilo or Grub again. Next time you boot your machine, you will have the dual boot manager again.

I just wanted to clarify this thing in order to avoid people thinking that if they have to install Windows again they will lose the Linux partition.

You can reinstall the GRUB or LILO after Linux installation first than Windows, but you must use the CD and go to installation, then you have a YaST Repair Centre option, then you can reinstall GRUB.xboxrulz

>>I suppose that you mean that the Win boot does not recognize linux Yes, this is what I mean, there is always a solution but is always best to cofnigure that before everything, to kniow what you have to do, because this can easily distract peoples :lol:

This is good info to know. Does anyone know if this would work with Fedora core 3? My husband has a few clients that are running linux on some of their workstations, but they want to run Windows 2000 as well on dual boot.Thanks

Yes it will, don't worry, just install linux after windows and you solve all the problems :( linux is not "powerful" with games but it's has so many options and is careful :(

actually it is, don't under-estimate Linux, I got C&C Renegade working on Linux via Cedega. Plus, I have America's Army installed on Linux too! :(xboxrulz

BUt... Everyone say, you have emulators emulators and emulators, this is the thing who is stopping games developing under linux, because of that many companies see that there is no need to create games for linux :( It will be much better if we will have gta for linux fifa for linux and so on :( Now there are few games, others you can play trough cedega(emulators)

I guess we have to be patient but luckily the trend is that more and more developers are creating games that run aslo in Linux.

There are good and bad places about Cedega. It is good to emulate current games but I don't support it when it comes to new games. I recommend playing games that are ported by Icculus

xboxrulz