xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
John13

Will You Upgrade To Windowslongorn When It Comes Out?

Will you upgrade to windowslongorn when it comes out?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion running Windows is not good. Many websites have cookie grabbers which take your passwords and things. Or they have auto downloaders, which download software onto your computer without having a message that pops up and asks you first.I would say running Fedora Core 3 (Linux) and Fire Fox (Browser) is the best choice. If you also have your own server, think about using Astaro Internet Security.In ending to this post, my answer to this question would be no, I'm not going to upgrade to Windows Long-Horn.

No I won't upgrade to longhorn, but in M$'s defense it is primarily due to the fact that my home PC won't even run XP let alone longhorn LOL.

It is said if you have TOO much Ram you can't install Windows 2000 or Windows XP Professional.I had around 1500 MB of Ram and I couldn't install 2000.

I'm not very sure.. I would rather observe for quite sometime untill I start hearing the goodness of the new windows. I wouldn't take a risk by installing it for myself. In fact, Microsoft windows are very vulnerable to viruses and including longhorn, from the very beginning will have many viruses... I predict... and till we can upgrade our service pack to upto 7 and above.. lolSo far I'm quite satisfies with Windows XP Professional and haven't thought of upgrading it to Longhorn... time will tell though..

I would, but ONLY if it is compatable with most of the programs I use now, i dont want to have to buy all new programs to keep me busy.But i would wait for like 5 months after it came out to even think about it.

hmmm... why shouldnt we try longhorn it would be proboli soo bugy but i would use thath bugz for worm writening :blink:just kiding i will try it so never mind if it crashes my comp :) i have all my filez on a external hard disk thath never use just update :)

When longhorn comes out i will probably upgrade to it after about 3 months so that the major bugs will be fixed. The reason for this is i love how they are using a new window drawing language and stuff like that. It def will speed things up and allow for a much better looking OS

well now that i have idea what it is i wait til the next generation computers are out htne get it :o

I have tried the Windows Longhorn Build 4074 that leaked on the internet a few weeks ago. I installed it played with it for 20 mins or so and went back to XP Pro. Longhorn seems to have an entirely new driver design so XP drivers do not work. Longhorn also had some nice graphical improvements with new interface for windows explorer. Unfortunately I don't see the practical use in some of the new design.(Many menus and things that seem totally useless.) Overall I can't give my judgement of the OS yet but in its early stages it seems pretty buggy. Hopefully it will be more stable in the full release. (ya right) :o zippy77

I might consider it, but I definitely wouldn't upgrade immediately. From what I've seen/heard, it sounds over-embellished, and XP already runs slowly on my machine (yes, I know I can turn off themes...).