xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pikaz

What Is Your Ideal Time Period

this is a weird one ; ),if you could live during any time period what would it be and why? You can pick any time peroid you want, if its too far back to be documented, make up what you think it would be like, if its in the future, also explain what you think it would be like, if you like you can even describe a simple day in your life during this time period, have fun = )

this is a weird one ; ),if you could live during any time period what would it be and why? You can pick any time peroid you want, if its too far back to be documented, make up what you think it would be like, if its in the future, also explain what you think it would  be like, if you like you can even describe a simple day in your life during this time period, have fun = )

If I were to live in a different time period, I would pick the 3rd millenium. There would be solar and electric cars, which are good for the enviroment. There would be 1 inch by 1 inch 50 Gigabyte drives too. Everything would be in Crohme too.

Notice from serverph:
Quotes placed in proper quote tags.

Edited by serverph (see edit history)

That's a tough one, hate to be dull, but I would probably live in the present, or perhaps a little earlier. I would have loved to be around during the early days of computers, unfortunately I was a little to young for it and missed the boom by only a few years, then again I was young enough to ride out the crash as well. Technology is moving so fast it is hard to believe, it rivals the industrial revolution. Of course I would have to specify that I would have to live near berkley so that I didn't miss it just because I was stuck in some backwards town in the middle of nowhere where no one has even heard of computers :)

Hmmm...kinda tough, although I'm always curious as to what the future would be like what with so many advances - especially over the past decade or so.So I think it'd be really cool to live in the next millenium. My vision for that era? Cars that fly in the air will be the norm, public transport on demand (thus, no set schedules) would be among those advances.

The present is ok, but i wouldn't mind the 30's - 40's in america. Dunno, people were much nicer back then and u didnt have the same amount of scum u have today.

The present is ok, but i wouldn't mind the 30's - 40's in america.  Dunno, people were much nicer back then and u didnt have the same amount of scum u have today.

71154[/snapback]

Um... JaVe? The Great Depression and the Dust Bowl were going on during the 1930's. World War II was being fought through half of the 1940's.

Institutionalized racism against ethnic minorities (especially blacks, and the Japanese, during WWII) should certainly account for some of their "scum", as well as the rampant misogyny that prevailed in that day. Yeah, the people of the 30's and 40's would have been much nicer to you. That is, supposing you were an upper class white male.

And then of course, there was the crime in the city. Some of the greatest American mafiosos were at their peak in the 30's. Prohibition ended in 1933, but organized crime lived on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that people have always been jerks. Poverty and war do not tend to produce upstanding individuals any more than America's current conditions, bleak as you may see them. To say that the 30's and 40's had less "scum" is just asinine.

I would go back 10+ years, buy loads of shares in Microsoft, Google, bet on France to win the world cup, stay out of bad investments I have already made, stop gambling, and have a rich and wealthy life :), its nice to dream :)or maybe the 60s when the women were more up for it!

I would have to say, I would live in about 2070, where piloting a spacecraft for a daily job is possible, where there are orbital hotels and deep space travel are the norm, yes this may be a bit imaginative, but it will happen, we as humans have a calling to explore the universe, it wont be anything like in startrek, starwars, galatica, anything, it will be just us, searching for the unkown, seeking what has been hidden for all time, seeking the knowlage, and the beauty of space.

I agree with nexdesigns that the future would be cool, and that spaceships would be cool too and they WILL exist...someday. But in 65 years from now? In the past 50 years we've made thousands of advancements in science and technology but it's all slowing down. I suggest you research nanotechnology - there are just too many obstacles. Flying cars? I'd say in 200 years or so. But future would be cool. In 2070 it would be cool but i'll be a old grandpa with no friends of family left over. But hey, i wouldn't mind living in any time period with my family and friends. It'd be cool.

Notice from Johnny:
Topic's closed. Read the rules in the pinned topic, to post the right kind of topics in this forum. Thanks.
Notice from rejected:
Topc opened and moved to proper location. Sorry Johnny, but we're cleaning it out.
Edited by rejected (see edit history)