xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shigajet

Favourite Monty Python Movie Whats your Favourite Monty Python movie?

Hey all!

I thought I'd ask any Monty Python fans out there what their favourite MP movie is? Feel free to add any famous quotes from that movie, too!

For me, it's Monty Python and the Holy Grail - hands down!...and my favourite quote? Too many to mention, but here's a few that come to mind.

What is your favourite colour?

Blue! - No, YellAHHHHHH!

In the frozen land of Nador, they were forced to eat Sir Robin's minstrels - and there was much rejoicing.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

What do you mean? An African or a European swallow?

Uh...Er I don't know that? AHHHHH!

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Bring on your favourite movies - and any quotes, if you wish!

Cheers!

Monty Pyton and Holy Grails... quite an old movie eh??? yeah... this is the funniest episode of monthy phyton.. i like the sound of horse clap at the beginning... cool... i lost my CD... do you have any idea where i can get it for free? :)

Monty python and the holy grail. One of my favourite quotes is...Peasant: Who are the Britains?King Author: We are all Britains, and I am your king!Peasant: I thought we were an autonamous collective. :) Anyother one of my favourite scenes is the one with the castle on the sawmp and the kid who has to get married. And when the king is telling the guards not to let the Kid leave the room untill he comes and get him. And the gaurds are like.GUARD: So, were not enter the room, even if you come and get him.That bit cracks me up all the time!

I'm actually a rather large fan of Monty Python. It's very hard to choose which one of the movies are the best, but I would also have to pick The Holy Grail. As for a quote.. well... all of it is hilarious especially the ones already mentioned :). One part I do like about it are the songs like the Knights in Camelot "We eat ham and jam and Spam a lot..." and Robin's minstrels singing about numerous ways of dying.

I really enjoy the Monty Python Flying Circus TV series, probably enjoy them more than the movies they made. Items such as the Lumberjack song, Dead Parrot sketch, Upper Class Twit of the Year, etc... really are classics in comedy history.

I really enjoy the Monty Python Flying Circus TV series, probably enjoy them more than the movies they made. Items such as the Lumberjack song, Dead Parrot sketch, Upper Class Twit of the Year, etc... really are classics in comedy history.

71003[/snapback]

I enjoyed the Flying Circus, too. Saw every episode. Too bad John Cleese left after the third season. There were a few gems in the fourth season (simply named Monty Python ) like Mr. Neutron and the one with some coming in to a department store to buy a pet ant. Apart from those, it wasn't nearly as good as when they had John Cleese with the group.

Other favs from the Flying Circus days was the Argument sketch and the one where some guy (played by Terry Jones) was attempting to jump across the English channel - and then went on to try other stunts, like eating an Anglican cathedral, as so forth.

The Holy Grail is a classic. It's what got me into MP in the first place waaay back when my dad would rent the video and the VCR! :)

But I think I might like Life of Brian a little more, even if I haven't seen it quite as many times.

Although we are in music subforum... I have to reply this.I found much more hilarious "Life of Brian". The Holy Grail is a classic also but I prefer the first one. The TV series was also very good and I have to say that the films in spanish are much less funny because of the overdub. The original voices makes me laugh without any joke. :):):D They are undoubtely within the best humorists of all ages.

Monton Python and The Holy Grail by far... :blink: Best quote "I fart in your generall direction, Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" LOL :) Gonna watch that again blatently!