xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xmod

play with out xbox live

I do imagine that is illegal, as it is a Third Party Program. Unfortunately I do not know the XBox Online T&S Agreement, generally any game does not allow macroes to be used, hacks, cheats, mods, or Third Party Programs.While it may not be illegal to download, it most likely is illegal to use.It's like having a gun. It's not murder unless you pull the trigger.

Any tunelling app is 100% LEGAL. It doesn't interfere with normal operation of the Xbox at all. You don't even have to mod it. Retail boxes work just fine. Since the app is run from a Windows PC, and is not compiled with the XDK (xbox compiler), and is not used to circumvent any copy-protection there's no justifiable reason to determine that the app is illegal.

I think what's misleading about the original post is that it sounds like it uses Xbox Live. It does not. It uses the system link option found in a lot of games. Essentially, the xbox is fooled into believing that your PC is another Xbox, and the PC is connected to other PCs with the same app. It mimics a LAN.

And if you want a better, free alternative, try here: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

It's like XLINK Kai, just playing a LAN Game...not literally playing on the internet, but then again you are... :) , but sounds interesting, I might check it out...because I hate paying to go online...I mean...I already bought the game, why should I pay to play it online!? :)