xisto Community
dark

What Are Your 3 Favorite Movies And Why?

HiSo how many of you are going to list star wars or the lord of the rings? :) I like scary movies, they got to really scare me but I also like other kinds, action, war, dramas, comedies.Here are my 31) The others (N.Kidman)2) 28 days later3) The exorcistI found these 3 movies quite scary, it's a great feeling to be scared when there is no real danger that is. I like to watch late at night when I am off the next day and the rest of the family is sleeping.Patrick

Hmmm...I really hate you. Why only three? haha...I'll give it my best shot though...1) Donnie DarkoWords cannot describe just how freaking cool this movie is. With a mind-boggling plot, magnetic characters, and a unique tendency to draw from just about every single movie genre out there, this flick does nothing short of knock you out. The music is chilling and the ending deeply depressing. You'll be scratching your head for weeks (and probably lose some sleep in the process too!). Overall, highly recommended for just about ANYONE. You will be BLOWN AWAY!2) PlatoonAs a war film, it is continually praised for its gritty realism. As a Vietnam film, it is always mentioned with the classics of its kind. But the thing that makes Platoon so unique is the heart and soul that Oliver Stone, a Vietnam vet himself, poured into the production. As much psychologically twisting as it is action-packed, the film emphasizes the clash between good and evil under alleged unity. Excellent performances across the board (yes, even Charlie Sheen). The music is haunting, and the tone is perpetually harrowing. Belongs in every history addicts DVD collection.3) Life is BeautifulThis film ultimately accomplishes the impossible: it creates a comedy about the Holocaust. While it seems absurb, Italian slapstick genius Roberto Benigni manages to pull such a task off without offending the masses. A gently love story turned tragedy, it contains a magical essence that touches the heart in all the right places. The screenplay is brilliant, and the score is nothing short of magnificent. This film will stick in your mind for days--it is truly a beautiful piece of cinema.Honorable Mentions: Requiem for a Dream, Apocalypse Now, Forrest Gump, Rocky

i watch quite a lot of movies but i don't have particular favourites but i can still make a list:)Mummy returns - I used to have this movie on my computer, so i have watched it a million times.White chicks - I think this movie is really funny and the songs in the movie are very nicePirates of the Carribean - One day I had nothing to do so I bought a ticket of this movie, thinking that i could get a nap in the cinema. And it turned out to be a very exciting movie that later I downloaded it to watch it again.Monsters Inc - Although it's a cartoon, it's very touching, not to mention the cute characters in it.The Incredibles - People might say it is over-rated but i still love itI know i listed more than 3 movies but i really dont have a particular order for them. all of them are different types of movies and... they are just different to be compared...

1. Sin City2. I ♥ Huckabees2. Immortel

I didn't catch the "...and why?" in the title.

I like Sin City because the plot is engaging and the cinematography is masterful. Not to mention the fabulous production quality.

I ♥ Huckabees is hilarious and insightful. The soundtrack is perfect. Mark Wahlberg is fantastic in this film. Unfortunately, the majority of people to whom I've shown this film have hated it.

Immortel is bizarre. Half live-action and half CGI; Egyption gods meet interdimensional travelers.

Like every other normal human on this planet I love LOTR, Star Wars and Star Trek. Besides that I love war movies like Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers (the best movie that HBO ever made).I shouldn't forget The Matrix which is one of my favourites.

I don't really think I have a top 3, but I have a number one. Its the Matrix. Most people wonder why. Its quite simple, I like the matrix not only because of the cool special effects and non-stop action, but this movie explores many deep issues that apply to life today.My best example is when "Smith" is speaking with Morpheus, and he describes the human race as a virus that spreads to survive because of thier lack to form an equilibrium with the enivornment like all other living things. I agree with that statement, but I can't help it because im also a virus like the rest of us = ).

1) Notting Hill - Because I'm a closet romantic masquerading as a cynic who is actually a naive optimist. Leave you to figure that one out. :D Oh, and also because I'm a total pushover for pretty (Brit!) boys. (Although technically Hugh Grant can't be considered a boy anymore... :blink: But nevermind that.)2) LOTR - Orlando Bloom. What else is left to say? Okay, if not for him, I'd prefer the books, really. Hmm, he's British too. Maybe I should migrate to the UK... :) 3) Pirates of the Carribbean - I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Arrr! Oh, and yes, having both Orlando and Johnny Depp in the same movie makes for better value for money :)And now I'll grant your wish and stop gushing... Before you hurl. :D

Pulp Fiction-Great film, gangster all the way and really gets you hooked into watching it... my #1 film of all timeKill Bill - Not my favourite but not my worst... but both versions are defiantly goodBad Boys-All the bad boy films with will smith, will smith is a legendary actor and bad boys got attitude

my favorite movies, I'm not going to make a top 3 I know to many good movies but I can give 3, the first is nor really a movie but is to good, Band of Brothers.The second one is Enemy at the Gates, this movie is one like I never seen before it is so good.The last one is Memento, I never had to think so much for a movie :o

Woah, this is a toughie. It's hard to narrow it down to just three, so I'll make a list of what movies I like off the top of my head. Apart from the Star Wars, LOTRThe Matrix - Although the special effects are certainly something to marvel at, there is also a deep message that exists within the film.Shrek - Really love this one. Great CG animation, tons of jokes for everyone, and a fun parody on fairy tales and other landmark movies.Blazing Saddles - An oldie, but surely a great spoof on the cowboy movies. Mel Brooks at his comedic best.The Fifth Element - Like The Matrix (see above), this also has tons of special effects and neat costumes plus an important message near the end. Directed by Luc Besson.The Blues Brothers - Back to comedy, and a classic one at that.Being John Malkovich - The idea that one can experience being inside a famous person by going through a tunnel inside an office buiding was interesting.