xisto Community
dark

What Are Your 3 Favorite Movies And Why?

There's no faster way to get noticed by the agents than telling people in an internet discussion board that you believe the matrix to be real. If we don't hear back from you, we'll know what happened...

I wonder if the Wachowski brothers know just how impressionable their audience is. They could probably start a doomsday cult, if they really wanted to do so.They'd meet teenagers in Matrix chat rooms and give them directions to abandoned warehouses where they'd meet periodically for naked raves until that one fateful day when they all followed the white rabbit into a large bowl of cyanide punch.There is no spoon, indeed.

1- Matrix (the first)Why? It's difficult to explain. It's a cinema masterpiece and a perfect mix of action, philosophy and many more...2-The great dictatorAnother great masterpiece. It's probably my favourite movie of C. Chaplin. It's a beautiful example of satire about war, governments and political plays. It combine a deep satire and a peace message with the surreal and umoristic actions of characters.3-Apocalypse NowAnother great film about war and all bad things to linked to it. Unforgettable the attack to the village under the notes of "The Valchiries' cavalcade"3-Fahrenheit 9/11The best film of Michael Moore (Bowling a Columbine is beautiful, too). A great investigation on "dirty" business of Bushs mixed to a very nice satire. Very interesting the section about the links between USA and Saudi Arabia.

Ed Wood- So funny... and it has Johnny Depp. :lol:Rear Window- I am a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock and this one is so suspensful! It was made, like, 50 years ago but you can see parallels with the voyeuristic-ness of today. some things never change.The Whole Wide World- With Vincent D'onofrio and Renee Zellweger. It's about a relationship between a school teacher and the writer Robert E. Howard. The saddest movie ever.

Independence Day = I love the speech about fighting on the 4th of July and independence. And heck, I'm not a American. Friday Night Lights = Another good one. Mean Girls = Just like school. I don't know.

Ahh! Movies! These are my top 3 picks. I could have added more but since it says only the top 3 favorites... -_- 1] Amelie - I recommend this to anyone! It's a great film about this French, introvert waitress who fixes the lives of people around her and discovers that she has difficulties fixing her own. Very, very amusing! This is directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and stars Audrey Tautou. Both also did 'A very long engagement' last year. I'm actually gonna do a website about the movie soon!2] Reality Bites - I saw this when I was probably 11 or 12. I was a big Winona Ryder fan after watching Little Women and after seeing this movie I became obessesed in watching all of her movies. When I see this movie now I still feel warm and fuzzy. With witty, intelligent conversations between all of the characters, it's such a feel-good movie!3] About a boy - I thought I'd put 'The Royal Tenenbaums' here but I figured I like this movie better. This is based on Nick Hornby's novel and I love it to death. I especially like the scene where Marcus sang on stage while people were laughing, then Will(Hugh Grant) saved him by joining him and playing the guitar.

3 movies hmmm....There's alot I like but I think these three deserve it:

Minority Report: Gotta love the graphics and design. Very creative storyline. Who would've guess that anyone can come up with something so...different from most movies? The suspense is very good especially where the protanganist dropped his eyeball....

Lord of the Rings: Can't forget these unforgettable movies. Action upon action. Yeah! Though the movie was completely like the books, I gotta admit, the trilogy are some of the best I've seen.

Cold Mountain: Dramatic, very sad, suspense. This movie is beyond sad, the torture and punishment that happened during the war.

Back in the Day: Very good gang movie

Lord Of The Rings Saga:Very very good movies!

Windtalkers!:Mainly because my second cousin Adam Beach is in it. Never actually met him tho...

The best movie I have ever seen and which had the biggest influence on me was THE GLADIATOR! This movie was sooo awsome with its story and effects. Then I think I have to put Lord Of The Rings in the second place, especially the first one which i've watched for like 7 times. It has such a great story and it really puts you in the middle world. The Third one i guess is THE RING (all about rings :lol: ), because my favorite ganre is mistirious horror movie and this one really had everything that that sort of movie needs. I could go on forever with good movies, because what matters most to me is that the movie realy keeps you focused and you have to think about it! I don't search for possible errors in it cos' i think this is not important as long as the store and actors are good...Yeah i just remeberd the SECRET WINDOW was also a great movie!

Hmmm, I'll name one of my favourites that is "Dr. Stranglove or How I learnt to stop worrying and love the bomb", it's a brilliant work of Stanley Kubrick and it's probably my favourite film of all time.

A link to the script: The Script

Buy the DVD: The DVD

You really have to watch it, Peter Sellers plays 3 characters. Incredible stuff.

Ta Ra

It's funny, I get scared really easily and I have watched your first two and they didn't scare me lol. But they are good movies.Mine are:1-The Return of the King: I loved this one so much! I'm a big fan of the LOTR movies and I watched this one on the premiere with my bro, and I didn't go to school that day to watch it so that makes it extra nice :lol: . It's increidible how it was so long and it felt like no time at all hehe.2-Finding Nemo: There is a kid inside of me lol. This movie rocks! Dory is absolutely adorable and I laughed so hard with it. 3-Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl: I watched it 3 times and enjoyed it the same. Johnny Depp is awesome! And Orlando Bloom is hot haha. But still, it is a very good movie. I can't wait for the other two to come out.

Sometime,when I have some time at night...I work a lot,I like to see some good movie...I simply adore scary movies,it's true that I scare after,but I adore to watch them.. :D The best 3 movies...hm..here they are:1.The Shining;2.The Exorcist;3.Rosemary's Baby; I will also tell you a few words about this films.The Shining is from Stephen King's novel it has it's share of shock,scares and creepy images.Jack Nicholson is playing in this film. The Exorcist maintains its suspense without getting campy and with its judicious use of startling special effects. Somebody told it is based on true events.personally I dont know. :D Rosemary's Baby is made in 1968,but it's still a scary and creepy movie.Rosemary has been chosen by a New York-based coven to be the mother of the Devil himself. Hm...it's interesting...watch it... :(

Only 3?:D i've lots of favourite movies, ok let's think of three:Star Wars - always on my mind...Le Fabouleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain - a real neat comic movie, full of originalityIrreversible - quite shocking one, special the 5 min scene were Monica Bellucci is rapedMay the force be with you :D