xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Msn Messenger 7.0 Final Its running very slow and laggy.

Like many others, I've downloaded MSN Messenger 7.0 when the final version is released.I found that this version seems to run very slow.Seems laggy too.. Sometimes it will get itself jammed up, esp when the popup indication upon receiving new mail.Scrolling through the contact list seems laggy and not smooth..You guys have the same problem ?I think this program is developed on .NET framework.. That's why it's slow...

Yeah I have more or less the same problems as well. I find my self i have to log into older versions of messenger, to actually have a stable conversation with other people. Also many people cant log into their accounts via the messenger, for reasons unknown, as i know it takes me a few tries to get into it. Plus for some reason my automatic notification of new emails, doesnt work and i have a back log of masses of e-mails :) I dont like messenger 7, so i`m begining to use either windows messenger or AIM, as they are better to have stable conversations with other people, even though they might not be up to date they still do the job. :)

I don't have any qualms about it really. The only "laggy" problems that I have are that it takes a few minutes after I log-in before it notifies me of new email. The other is that it takes a few seconds to display my contacts right after logging-in.No big deal really. If you want a liter version, just use Windows Messenger.

Have you noticed how the number of adverts etc. on each messenger version keep going up on each version? I think this contributes to the lag, slow running etc. Personally I use trillian, as adverts really annoy me. I mean, now there even ads in the convo windows, as well as, "buy a webcam", the contact list adverts, MSN today has turned in to one massive advert, and dont even get me started on emoticon and winks packs.Still, Microsoft are still losing money in this area (and I can see why)....- Vacant

I'm quite disappointed on this version of MSN Messenger...Seems cool to have support on Nudging people's conversations and winks using flash..But they are kindda useless if they add on to the lag and should have an option to disable them..Same goes for those adverts..What I dislike most is when it is logging in upon an initiation of internet connection..Many programs such as my AntiVirus LiveUpdate runs in the background when it detects an internet connections and loads successfully...But MSN messenger 7.0 seems to hang there..esp when u see that dialog notice popping up about your tray.. and got stuck there..Its as terrible when you scroll through the contact list and make a double click to a friend on the list...In fact, I can and have many ways to crash MSN messenger 7...Such as that my WMP, it gets stuck also when MSN mesenger 7 is logging in ..I think I'm going to give up on those nudges and winks ...Rather get on a stable and smooth conversation with my friends ...

I haven't downloaded it yet, and by the way it sounds, I probably shouldn't. I've never had problems with MSN Messenger (On this computer at least), but I still would rather keep this version if the updated one causes so many problems for people.

I have msn messenger 7.0, its the full version, but I have had it since the betas. Its not really all its cracked up to be, its just the same as the older version, with some aesthetic features that dont add much to the overall quality of it. And the winks...oh my god, has there ever been a more pointless invention? Its just a flash animation that gets sent to the other person, it has no use whatsoever, and I have actually seen winks use to cause a fake virus, it was a green blob on the screen, that divided into two blobs, and then into six, and on and on... and there is no was to close it until it finishes, and since its looping infinitively, it will never stop, until your screen is filled with little moving green dividing blobs..So I recommend not getttinf 7.0 until you can put it off any longer.

I just downloaded it yesterday and it's been going slow for me. I think i'm going to stick with 6.2. The new features that they have arn't that great. Like the winks, they anoy me more than anyting. expetially the nudges, i don't see the point of those. of course you can dissable them. But i'd rather have a fast computer. it takes liek 10 seconds for the window to pop up when messenger is already running. They're was a beta version a couple months ago that all my friends were downloading and telling em to download. But i chose not to because I heared it had problems. Bu when i got the e-mail form hotmail yesterday saying that it was released i downlaoded it. But like I said earlier it's to slow and is freezing up my computer if i have to many other programs opened so I'm going to stay with 6.2 probobally.

Yeah..Okay take a look at these new features..MSN Messenger can now play winks (or rather FLASH file) and able to send animated emotions (GIFs).It can also Nudge people's conversations (simply shaking that damn window.. for haven sake).What else, but with extra advertisements and billing information for using "paid" emotions.Now these winks.. or flash files ... can deliver viruses and open a loophole for hackers to access our computer, since they are just flash files..Just a little programming on these flash files will do and they will spread viruses where you can't stop it..Nudging... wasn't as smooth also.. You can actually see those frames of your conversation...Not quite an "XP" candy for the eye.Other than that, it's slow and it hangs easily..A few methods to manual and purposely crash it :1) Open up your Windows Media Player and play some songs while logging in to MSN. That messenger will get itself stuck there once it logged-in and show you got emails.2) When you have a notice dialog by your messenger above your tray, simply clicking it or mouse over it will simply crash it as well.. Only when the moment when you just logged in..Now I have to search the web that still host MSN Messenger 6.2..I gonna drop back...

Well if you want a program that will not use up much space, NEVER lagg be very stable and no ads... Get Miranda! its such a cool little program