xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunkist

Meta Tag Limit

I have a huge amount of keywords listed in my meta tags. Is there a limit? Does this help my search engine ranking? Every time I think of a word or phrase, I edit my meta tags. Now I am getting cold feet and wondering if I overdid it.Thanks!

hmm ... meta tag is useless nowadays ... most search engine will just simply ignore that ... trust me ... you wont get your results in the search engine for searching "abc" when your meta tag is <meta keyword="abc">. This will have some effects in the old days like 3-4 years ago but now all search engine will ignore them ... the only way you could get your results displayed when someone search is using anchor text. ]Anchor text is like:<a href="xx.html">Your keyword here(anchor text)</a>only with this way you could get your results listed. The more anchor text, the higher the ranking. Btw, if you still want to know to limit of meta tag, i think it's like 256 characters or something :)

Meta tags matters in the eyes of search engines. For example google, It recognized about 66 characters of tittle and about 150-200 words of descriptions. I had found no standardization regarding lengh of meta tags.-reply by Joomla Expert