Hello, this is for mac users only. The following guide will show you how to easily rip dvd to MPEG, rip DVD to AVI, WMV, DivX, MP4, H.264/AVC, RM, MOV, 3GP videos on mac, and aslo how to Trim, Crop videos and Add effects to the videos.
Tool we use: Mac DVD Movie Converter Â
Free Download this Mac DVD Movie Converter first.
# Add DVD
Click Open DVD button, select a DVD in the dialog box that opens, and load it. The Loaded DVD information, such as chapter and title etc. will be showed in the file list.
Or, click File > Open DVD from the main menu, select a DVD folder in the file dialog box that opens, and load it.
Click File > Open IFO Files... from the main menu, select an IFO file in the file dialog box that opens, and load it.
# Select output format
Choose one or more files in the file list, and open Profile drop-down list, then select an output format for selected files.
Tip: To adjust the output settings, click Settings button next to Profile drop-down list, and set the parameters of output format in the Profile Settings dialog box that opens.
# Set output folder
Click Browse button in setting panel, select a destination folder in the dialog box that opens, and click OK.
Tip: Before start to convert DVD, you can trim video segment, crop area size, add effects, and create video watermark to colorize your output file.
# Convert files
After finishing the above settings, check the needed file to extract in the file list, click Start Ripping button on the main interface, to start extracting the file. You can view the progress of the extracting process from the progress bar at the bottom of the window.
Tip: You can click Pause Ripping button to pause the extracting process and Stop Ripping button to cancel the process as required.
How to Trim Video Segment
The software provides video trimming function, which allows you to choose the segments you like from the source, and add them to the file list for converting.
1. Choose the title or chapter of the DVD that contains the segment you want, click Edit button on the toolbar and choose Trim option to open Trim window.
2. Click Play button to play the selected file.
3. When it comes to the very start point you want, click Set Start Point button to set it as start point. And when it comes to the end point you want, click Set End Point button to set it as end point.
Tip: You can drag the slider or enter the time value you want in the Start and End textbox to adjust the position of start and end point.
4. Then click OK button to return to the main interface.
How to Crop area size
Select the file you want to edit from the file list, and click Edit button on the toolbar and choose Effect option to open Effect window. Click Crop button in the left window to open crop setting panel.
1. Check Enable Crop check box.
2. Set Crop Area Size: Click the up and down arrow to adjust the height and width of the crop area. If you check Keep Aspect Ratio check box, the height and width will be changed proportionally.
3. Set Position of Crop Area: Click the up and down arrow of Left Margin and Top Margin to adjust the left margin and top margin of the crop area.
1. Click Restore Defaults button, to restore the default settings.
2. Adjust crop area manually: drag the central handle and surrounding handles in the preview window to adjust the crop area.
How to Add effects
Select the file you want to edit from the file list, and click Edit button on the toolbar and choose Effect option to open Effect window, then click Effect button in the left window to go to the effect setting panel.
1. Check Enable Effect check box.
2. Set Brightness: click and drag brightness control slider or enter a value in the Brightness textbox to set the brightness of the video.
3. Set Contrast: click and drag contrast control slider or enter a value in the Contrast textbox to set the contrast of the video.
4. Set Saturation: click and drag saturation control slider or enter a value in the Saturation textbox to set the saturation of the video.
5. Set Other Effects: choose an effect for the output video from the Other Effects drop down list.
Tip: Click Restore Defaults button, to restore the default settings.
Make it yours now to enoy the full features.
Learn more details about Mac DVD Movie Converter .
Hope this helps.
Many mac users have asked a lot on how to import dvd movies into their iMovie so that they can edit their movies.Hope the above guide can save your time.
|VIEW DESKTOP VERSION||REGISTER||GET FREE HOSTING|