HOME       >>       Staff Room

Moderators' Suggestions To Admins Suggestions from moderators that would enhance trap17

electriic ink

I believe I noted this earlier, here but stopped enforcing it after a while. Maybe we should add this rule to the board rules and change Xisto.com Board Rules & Guidelines. to Xisto.com Board Rules & Guidelines.?

electriic ink

GMAIL Invite Exchange Forum

No more new posts, add yours to the end of the pinned topic. New posts will be deleted and you will be warned and loose hosting credits. Rule changed on 3/7/05. (Don't ask to get your hosting credits back)

Just a reminder that this forum should not be used for new topics. Some moderators, I have noticed have been moving topics in there and also a suggestion, if it isn't done already, to make it so that new topics can't be posted in the forum.

BuffaloHelp

It was set to Admin start topic only. All others can only read, including moderators. However this does not protect/limit topics started outside of Gmail Invite and then moved inside the forum. In which case it appears as though a new topic started/originated from within.Please merge the topic instead of moving. If topic merging isn't familiar please PM me or someone who knows. Thank you.

electriic ink

Okay, one new suggestion:

Movies Reviews Forum Perhaps a movie reviews forum with post count? Saint_Michael wrote some good reviews. A post counted movie review section may encourage more of these.

Dooga

Very cool mod we should use!

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/5906

BuffaloHelp

Okay, one new suggestion:

Movies Reviews Forum Perhaps a movie reviews forum with post count? Saint_Michael wrote some good reviews. A post counted movie review section may encourage more of these.

Can we be sure that once the forum section goes credit earned, members will restrain themselves from spamming? Should we setup a format of submitting a movie review (much similar to sig request)?

Very cool mod we should use!

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/5906

It's currently working on IPBGaming site. OpaQue will consider that after all forum modifications. Thanks!

electriic ink

Can we be sure that once the forum section goes credit earned, members will restrain themselves from spamming?

I was thinking of having a seperate, dedicated subforum under the Movies (no post count) for movie reviews rather than changing the whole movies forum to post count.

Just as with all other forums, members will try to spam them. If the plagiarism rule is stated clearly in its description or in a pinned topic, members will have no excuse.

Should we setup a format of submitting a movie review (much similar to sig request)?

Perhaps not a strict format but rather some guidelines or suggestions of things that you could include in your post, ie rating out of 10, parts to be improved upon, whether you liked Tom Jones' acting in X film more than this bla bla bla.

Maybe there should be a rule that all reviews must at least 5 lines long. All reviews not satisfying that limit will be deleted.

Johnny

I was thinking of having a seperate, dedicated subforum under the Movies (no post count) for movie reviews rather than changing the whole movies forum to post count.

Just as with all other forums, members will try to spam them. If the plagiarism rule is stated clearly in its description or in a pinned topic, members will have no excuse.

Perhaps not a strict format but rather some guidelines or suggestions of things that you could include in your post, ie rating out of 10, parts to be improved upon, whether you liked Tom Jones' acting in X film more than this bla bla bla.

Maybe there should be a rule that all reviews must at least 5 lines long. All reviews not satisfying that limit will be deleted.

Sounds good to me. Should replies be allowed? I could see some people posing some nice content in response or even against reviews, but they also have the potential to be spammed with "yea dat movei ws tite yo."

mayank

"yea dat movei ws tite yo."

Ha ha..sorry to SPAM...but I couldnt control myself and I am making a reply.
just look at this statement and It is a perfect example of how some of the members actually write! same kind of typos and same kind of YIP kind of stuff

electriic ink

Should replies be allowed? I could see some people posing some nice content in response or even against reviews, but they also have the potential to be spammed with "yea dat movei ws tite yo."

Yep. But just as with new topics, it should be made extremely clear that replies must contribute something to the discussion. Short replies less than 25 words or so will be deleted.

BuffaloHelp

Alright then. Please come up with list of mandatory fields that a movie reviewer must enter.

For example:

Movie title:

Year:

Genres:

MPAA Rating:

Movie Review:

in such format. This format was copied from Yahoo Movies. If we have enough to go by, let's give it a try

electriic ink

Here's the list:

Title:

Genres:

Approximate Time:

Release Date: (could just be the year)

Film Certificate/Rating: (ie U, PG, 12)

Brief Summary Of The Storyline: (Not Revealing The End / Spoiling The Film)

Review:

electriic ink

No go on that one then. Okays, how about this:

Two new bbcodes to be used in conjunction with each other. One will allow users to perform the html equivalent of:

<a name="part1"> Part 1 </a>

The other will allow users to link to these parts within their posts:

<a href="#part1"> Go To Part 1 </a>

Users can therefore link to different sections in long posts without double posting or reloading the page.

The names of the bbcodes could be section or linktosection and just as with hr, you'd need to tell users that section would only work with something inside it.

Comment/Criticise

electriic ink

Can we remove the default invision power board favicon and have the Xisto favicon showing instead?

jlhaslip

Report Function Suggestion+++++++++++++++++When you 'view' a Reported posting, there are only 2 options when you click on the red exclamation point. Would it be possible to add the 'Under Review' there so we don't trip over each other while handling the Reports? It is sometimes just as easier to not go to the Report Centre and flag it as 'Under Review'. That would let others know that you are dealing with it and they don't need to, without a trip to the actual Report Centre.Small potatoes, but handy....

jlhaslip

Rotator Script for the news/Announcements on the Index page?Instead of a single news item being statically posted there, have a script to 'rotate them around' occaisionally...

BuffaloHelp

Allo OpaQue,Whenever you're free, we need your input on these suggestions... or sombody's gonna get hurt real bad...

Dooga

I think you might know him, very well...

Dooga

I think that only topic starters and staff members should be able to see the hosting requests. Then we don't have random people saying "dud u need 2 post" or people knowing other people's email etc. What happens if a bot registers for the forum and starts gathering usernames, emails etc. B)I think there are some IPB mods that do this. I currently go on another forum that has this feature, but I don't know what it's called.Just a suggestion (I think it has been suggested before though, but the other forum I went to reminded me and showed that it's possible)

BuffaloHelp

Yes.The last time I tried to block bots from visiting hosting request sections, only, OpaQue told me it was a bad idea. So how to combat email scavengers? I don't know.If there's more effective way to view certain sections without disrupting bots (OpaQue want bots in our forum).

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2Page 3Page 4Page 5
Page 6Page 7Page 8

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.