HOME       >>       Staff Room

Moderators' Suggestions To Admins Suggestions from moderators that would enhance trap17

wassie

oke thats a good idea :Pforum needs to get a update

Johnny

(NEW) has been removed from tutorials. As for the Other section, the permissions for that were already set properly.

electriic ink

Hmmm, I'm having problems with urls given after making a warning adjustment....

Perhaps an admin could look into that sometime?

Becca

Someone like tell me how to merge posts..I'm getting peed of at seeing double posts and not being able to do anything about it.... <_,<

electriic ink

Go to the bottom of the page and switch to the skin Vizion_x. Then check the tickboxes at the top-right side of the posts that you want to merge. The boxes should turn pink. Then go to the bottom of posts by the REPLY button and move the dropdown menu to Merge Posts and click With Selected (X).

Follow the instructions on the little merge-posts menu and click the submit button and the posts should be merged

BuffaloHelp

I use IE and it shows up as a small square box with red X in it. I guess an icon for that is missing. I brought that issue up but I guess it's not resolving any time soon.Anyway, I can see it next to the post number. So I just click it and see the box that says "With Selected (0)" turn to the correct number and I just merge. Firefox will not show this mass merging check box unless you change the skin like cmat suggested.

electriic ink

How about updating the info on the frontpage. I just noticed some of it is incorrect, especially the cPanel version, the space and b/w offered. And the mysql version.

electriic ink

New suggestion, new post.
[hr=noshade][/hr]

When you are using the vizion_x skin under the shoutbox there's this note:

Note: DO NOT post links, watch the language. DO NOT ASK for asl here. DO NOT ASK: us to read your post! We read posts as we get to them.

That should be there for the lite skin too seeing as it's the default and it's the first one members see when they register

BuffaloHelp

NEW SUGGESTION

For the aesthetic purpose only!!

Hi OpaQue, hee hee

I'm kinda anal about the "looks" of the https://support.xisto.com/ page so here are my two suggestions.

1) option 2 Change your Domain/Subdomain (15 credits) are all highlighted when the rest are not, i.e. option 7,8 and 9. You can perhaps change it to: Change your Domain/Subdomain (15 credits)

2) option 8 is bit confusing to our less than smart forum members. Since you can change cPanel password in the cPanel, why not name the option 8 as "Reset your cPanel Password" or "Forgotten cPanel Password"

electriic ink

Can we have the default skin back?

When I try to use the multi-moderation for the forums in firefox I cannot (* checks in ie * and I don't think I can in ie - there's a js problem)

BuffaloHelp

OpaQue once told me that he prefers the LITE skin because when it comes to optimization of the forum, it works so fast and beautifully. However, when I change to the default skin and re-log in it stays as the default skin. Under IE, the default skin will show mass moderating check boxes. The only issue with the default skin is that the moderator report link (messages) does not show. So I end up switching back and forth from LITE to DEFAULT.OpaQue is working on the LITE skin first then he said he will work on the rest skins. Just keeping you up to date.

electriic ink

I think that we should have a page where there are rules set out for the shoutbox and link that page from under the shoutbox so we can warn then ban members who break a rule, just as we would if they were posting. A member can now post a link to another site in the shoutbox, have it removed, wait for the mod who removed the link in the first place to go offline and post it again and have it removed again by another mod without warning, banning or anything.

Becca

I think that we should have a page where there are rules set out for the shoutbox and link that page from under the shoutbox so we can warn then ban members who break a rule, just as we would if they were posting.

A member can now post a link to another site in the shoutbox, have it removed, wait for the mod who removed the link in the first place to go offline and post it again and have it removed again by another mod without warning, banning or anything.

198810[/snapback]

You think it would be good if you hovered the RULES link the shoutbox rules like popup.. but not pop up.. it's like those javascrip descript boxes.. to save space and time

BuffaloHelp

I don't have the access to changing anything written or linked on the forum. But there's a shoutbox rule but you have to dig for it. My question is what would you like to add on or change? You can see the shoutbox rule byView The Shoutbox > (right hand side corner) D2- Shoutbox RulesWhen we have something complete let's bring it to OpaQue for simple edit.

BuffaloHelp

The current Shoutbox rules are

Shoutbox Rules!

Below are listed the main rules of the Shoutbox. We cant list out every minor detail because it would take forever!

Be kind to others using the Shoutbox

Do NOT use inappropriate language

Respect everyone and treat the forums with care for since it took a good amount of time to create

Be active and have fun!

Those are just the main features.

Remember to abide by these so you dont get banned!

Let's discuss what else should be added with words that can be clear to our members. I would like everyone to agree on terms and sentences so that it's crystal clear.

electriic ink

NEW RULE:

Do not post links in the shoutbox. This includes links to your topics or any other sites. You can only post a link if it leads to a xisto co-operation site. They are Xisto.com, Xisto.net, Xisto.com, ipbgaming.com and antilost.com. Furthermore, you may only post links to the following site if you are helping somebody by doing so.

It is strictly forbidden to post links to your own subdomain of the aforementioned sites.

Respect everyone and treat the forums with care for since it took a good amount of time to create

This doesn't make sense. It should be something like:

Respect everyone and treat the forums with care since it took a good amount of time to create them.

BuffaloHelp

I like this suggest that cmatcmextra made.I would also like to petition to bring back a one-liner rule just under the shoutbox. As soon as I find out or have permission to edit, we'll give it a go. In the mean time please amend your suggestions.

BuffaloHelp

Here is what I found out I can do without screwing things up for everyone. I can amend the HELP section found at the top links. Will this do for now? I'm assuming to access the shoutbox's modification I may have to access the root directory and that's something I really don't want to touch or have the permission. If this is alright with everyone, I'd like to start adding to that HELP files. Perhaps I can then have my links in my signature to be moved there

BuffaloHelp

I have made addition to HELP files. Take a look at SHOUTBOX and let me know if there should be anything to alter.What do you think about adding TOS - Forum and TOS - Hosting help files? Then I can get rid of my signatures and add them to HELP section.

Dooga

Gasp! Triple post! lolI think another rule: Do not post pictures in shoutbox

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2Page 3Page 4Page 5
Page 6Page 7Page 8

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.