HOME       >>       Staff Room

Moderators' Suggestions To Admins Suggestions from moderators that would enhance trap17

snlildude87

I feel as if I'm being left out....what's an IPB store?

rejected

I feel as if I'm being left out....what's an IPB store?

149160[/snapback]

In IPB store is a store where members can buy items. There are many items, including glowing username, custom titles, change username, and other effects.

Users get points by posting, creating topics, and passing quizzes.

There's a bank in there too, so users can deposit their points in the bank to gain interest.

Johnny

I used to use IPB store, at first it can be a lot of fun but after awhile it does get a bit dull and the items might trigger some problem amongst players because there are items where you can remove post counts and posting abilities... i mean you can remove them but that would just limit it to name change and color which isnt a good store plus i think "because" its a hosting forum it should look some what professional and with the store it won't look very professional when there are people will all sorts of stuff done to their name and such. what im trying to say is, we shouldnt get too carried away with extra bits and pieces. well that my point of view...

149147[/snapback]

Well, I think it might give incentive for users to post more, and having a unique username isn't a bad thing...it might make us a little less "ordinary".

But hey, I could be wrong. It happens often.

darkmeca

well like i said before it would be fun for awhile until it gets boring... plus we shouldn't make too much fun i mean people should be attracted to the forum because of the topics and issues discussed not because of having pretty multi-colored, glowing names... i prefer boards that are simple without too many addons especially stores, they might also create problems between members due to the malice some of the items might cause.

Johnny

well like i said before it would be fun for awhile until it gets boring... plus we shouldn't make too much fun i mean people should be attracted to the forum because of the topics and issues discussed not because of having pretty multi-colored, glowing names... i prefer boards that are simple without too many addons especially stores, they might also create problems between members due to the malice some of the items might cause.

150314[/snapback]

Regardless of why they're attracted, they're still attracted, right? And people should only be interested in name mods if they plan to show them off by posting, right? And any negative items could simply be removed, like you said. And as for the boredom factor, I believe you can add items that do different things...we could maybe have a poll to have members think of cool item ideas we could have.

Sorry, I understand your point, but I tend to be devil's advocate...

snlildude87

All right, I'm gonna use this thread to make my suggestion for the new skin. I have no idea if one can easily make changes to a skin, and if it's possible, good. If not, ignore this entire post. :PFirst, can the links be stylized differently so that it can be easily distinguised? New users might have trouble finding links and such. I don't know, but the links could be made another color and/or underlined.Second, the buttons need to have a depressed state when clicked. I don't know how it looks in different browsers, but when you click on a button in Firefox, it seems like it's a link. Depression rules! :PThird, can we have different colors for aficionado blue? Such as aficionado red, or black, or green? Could be cool for other users whose favorite color is not dark dark blue.Fourth, can the quote "box" that is used in PMs be changed so that it's a real box? Right now, it just has the word "Quote" in bold with no borders, so it's hard to tell where the quote ends and such.Fifth - ∞ (infinity), I'll post more as I think of them. Other moderators are welcomed to post suggestions for the new templates as well.Edit: Used to say Fourth - ∞ (infinity), but I thought of another one.

BuffaloHelp

There?s a good reason that most backgrounds, either for a computer monitor, a webpage, an office memo, are lighter than the written text?it draws direct attention to what is written and not diverting attention away from it. I feel like flushing my eyes every time I click on a topic to read posts. I keep seeing ?ghost? images of gray spots due to intermittent black strips that are associated between boxes. This is going to kill my eye sight. Let alone, perhaps it may hinder reading posts correctly and may respond back with irrelevant answer. Well, I took that too far :PAs snlildude suggested, is OpaQue implementing to add additional skins to let each individual readers to determine the liking skin? That would be awesome! If the current skin is going to be the default, I?d like to request that the black background to be changed to lighter blue, gray or dragonfly green (I?ve heard that this is the new green for this era). The box in which you type for shoutbox should be lighter and text to be darker to make even more contrast differentials. And replying buttons and all the rest are way too small for my old eyes. Please either make the text within buttons to be highly visible with brighter color or make them tad bigger.And is it me or the ?reply? button does nothing? I had to click ?quote? to reply to this post.

Johnny

Theres a good reason that most backgrounds, either for a computer monitor, a webpage, an office memo, are lighter than the written textit draws direct attention to what is written and not diverting attention away from it.  I feel like flushing my eyes every time I click on a topic to read posts. I keep seeing ghost images of gray spots due to intermittent black strips that are associated between boxes. This is going to kill my eye sight. Let alone, perhaps it may hinder reading posts correctly and may respond back with irrelevant answer. Well, I took that too far

As snlildude suggested, is OpaQue implementing to add additional skins to let each individual readers to determine the liking skin?  That would be awesome! If the current skin is going to be the default, Id like to request that the black background to be changed to lighter blue, gray or dragonfly green (Ive heard that this is the new green for this era). The box in which you type for shoutbox should be lighter and text to be darker to make even more contrast differentials. And replying buttons and all the rest are way too small for my old eyes. Please either make the text within buttons to be highly visible with brighter color or make them tad bigger.

And is it me or the reply button does nothing? I had to click quote to reply to this post.

151487[/snapback]

Long post, and completely correct. The new skin's killing my eyes as well.

The reply button is the new multiquote option. I have no idea why the two buttons are switched or whatever.

snlildude87

?ghost?

And is it me or the ?reply? button does nothing? I had to click ?quote? to reply to this post.

151487[/snapback]

How do you make those awesome quotation marks? I know that Microsoft Word does it automatically, but I doubt that you type your text in Word, then copy it here....

The reply button does do something. At first, I thought it didn't, but after quoting several times, I noticed that the minus sign in the reply button turns to a plus sign. Nothing significant besides that - no color changes or anything.

BuffaloHelp

How do you make those awesome quotation marks? I know that Microsoft Word   does it automatically, but I doubt that you type your text in Word, then copy it here....

151517[/snapback]

I couldnt reply using the forum. It was too harsh to my eyesight and so I used MS Word (and yes you are correct) to type my response and just pasted to the reply. The replying box is black background with gray text. This is the worst idea of all! Its not even a crisp white. Its bad enough that I have to sit in front of my computer for hours at a time, now I have to strain my sights to read what Im writing? I pray that this skin isnt the final answer by OpaQue.

Johnny

How do you make those awesome quotation marks? I know that Microsoft Word  does it automatically, but I doubt that you type your text in Word, then copy it here....

The reply button does do something. At first, I thought it didn't, but after quoting several times, I noticed that the minus sign in the reply button turns to a plus sign. Nothing significant besides that - no color changes or anything.

151517[/snapback]

Note sure what you're talking about on the quotation marks...

But that skin's apparently gone, and this new one I like much better. BTW, the quote and reply buttons do what they used to now, and the quote button even lights up when it's on. Neato!

BuffaloHelp

OpaQue,Would you take another suggestion regarding this forum layout? I think that the default post font should be larger than the current font size. For example, this is not only easier to read but it cuts down unnecessary blank spaces that some members are starting to use. I believe it's because the small font looks as though the sentences are bunching up together and confusing readers. End of size 2And the quotes from other post is far too larger than it should be. I assume that you are still working on the layout... This has been brought to you with font size 3. And the spacing between lines should be adjusted as well.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
For each paragraph I tried different font sizes and I personally like the size 3

Johnny

OpaQue,

Would you take another suggestion regarding this forum layout? I think that the default post font should be larger than the current font size.

For example, this is not only easier to read but it cuts down unnecessary blank spaces that some members are starting to use. I believe it's because the small font looks as though the sentences are bunching up together and confusing readers. End of size 2

And the quotes from other post is far too larger than it should be. I assume that you are still working on the layout... This has been brought to you with font size 3. And the spacing between lines should be adjusted as well.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
For each paragraph I tried different font sizes and I personally like the size 3

151886[/snapback]

Good point. I like size 2 best.

BuffaloHelp

In an effort to cater to readers, I have come up with colorized buttons to better distinguish which forum has new posts.

As you can see, the arrow #1 & #2 are examples of what I would like to see. The contrast between read and unread is clearly distinguishable. You can compare with the untouched current button color.

Arrow #3 just better serves as more intuitive, self-explanatory button to minimize a forum section. When a section is minimized it will display "to open" button. And when maximized, it'll show "to close".

Johnny

In an effort to cater to readers, I have come up with colorized buttons to better distinguish which forum has new posts.

As you can see, the arrow #1 & #2 are examples of what I would like to see. The contrast between read and unread is clearly distinguishable. You can compare with the untouched current button color.

Arrow #3 just better serves as more intuitive, self-explanatory button to minimize a forum section. When a section is minimized it will display "to open" button. And when maximized, it'll show "to close".

152023[/snapback]

Nice suggestions Buffalo..I'm sure they'll make a big difference (they would for me, anyway.)

BuffaloHelp

I was giving Xisto the vote by clicking on links by OpaQue?s signature and I stumbled across some hosting site that was very similar to Xisto. This hosting place, however, required you to post at least 50 posts before requesting for a free hosting package.Anyway, the point to this conversation is I noticed something unique with one of their package services. For members who request and/or require higher space and bandwidth AND the member does not mind forced ads, this service provider was willing to increase to something higher than the allowed default packages. Perhaps Xisto does not need this kind of impose on its members. But, how about to Xisto?s benefactor (the name that we cannot say at this forum, asta something? )? We all heard the cry to, ?how come we don?t have bigger space and higher bandwidth?? I also know personally that some members are bragging that their sites have one of the highest unique visitors. Maybe admins can harness that kind of exposure by placing forced ads, and in return a larger space with higher bandwidth.PS, I still say this default posting font is waaaaaayyyyy too small. And I can't make my browser make it any bigger than what it is now. Darn CSS!

Klass

I agree the default font size is too small, especially when you quote someone. It makes it even smaller and italized so you can't even read it.Also the Shoutbox scroll bars in Firefox are another issue I and some other users are experiencing.

snlildude87

Before I start replying to posts, I'd like to say that I just got back from Washington DC. Awesome trip. Took some pictures with people, statues, and squirrels. My hosting credit is still over 460, so everything is cool.

Note sure what you're talking about on the quotation marks...

But that skin's apparently gone, and this new one I like much better. BTW, the quote and reply buttons do what they used to now, and the quote button even lights up when it's on. Neato!

151647[/snapback]

I was talking about the neat quotation marks that Buffalo has in his posts. He answered my question already.

Yeah, OpaQue is really reading this thread. Whodda thunk it.

PS, I still say this default posting font is waaaaaayyyyy too small. And I can't make my browser make it any bigger than what it is now. Darn CSS!

153266[/snapback]

Yeah it is. I can deal with it though, but it may be hard for members who are using 1280 * 1024 to read posts.

By the way, could the font used in the quote boxes not be monospaced? Instead, the quotation box could use the same font as the post that its quoting, so that it's truely "quoting" it. Monospaced font such as Courier should be solely reserved for codes because all of my code editor applications use that font.

snlildude87

New suggestion -> new post

What is that button doing at the top? I understand the purpose of the other buttons, but do registered members really need to see the registered button?

Maybe enable it for guests and visitors, but disable it (or get rid of it) if the member is registered.

Johnny

Bah. That's not very important...I say we focus on some of the more important matters already present....

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2Page 3Page 4Page 5
Page 6Page 7Page 8

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.