HOME       >>       Staff Room

Moderators' Suggestions To Admins Suggestions from moderators that would enhance trap17

Johnny

Wow, sounds like you have a lot in store for Xisto, OpaQue. Just take it slow, we wouldn't want you working so hard that you get bummed out and decide to scrap the whole thing (which I'm not sure if you would do, but meh...)

Becca

Okay then, that idea was a bummer. How about competitions.. as in PROPER competition mod.. and you do an official competition once a month and people get either more hosting credits or get something like a weeks advertising of their site on trap. I know you already have a competition thing, but if you had smething where people could 'vote' for the person they want.. iknow there would probably be a lot of cheating but i'm trying to think of something ,lol..

Johnny

Okay then, that idea was a bummer.

How about competitions.. as in PROPER competition mod.. and you do an official competition once a month and people get either more hosting credits or get something like a weeks advertising of their site on trap. I know you already have a competition thing, but if you had smething where people could 'vote' for the person they want.. iknow there would probably be a lot of cheating but i'm trying to think of something ,lol..

131091[/snapback]

Actually, I think that was a good idea...

What kind of competitions? Graphics, poetry, tutorials?

Becca

AHAHA I just had this funny idea, although I don't think any one would participate.. well first of all make up a 'original' tune for Trap.. LOL.. and each person has to sing it and record it.. and it's judged.. LOL.. that would be funny, but lol nah..And yeah that's the idea.. creating loads ofthings.. Every month theres a different 'type' of competition for a different category e.g this month we do song lyrics next month will be a cartoon character.. I don't tink this will really work though, but it's cool to dream.. lol

Johnny

So, like, a Sig of the Week, only with more than sigs, and every 3 weeks? Doesn't sound too bad...I was going to suggest a SOTW myself, but I like your idea better.

NilsC

You have to look at it from the standpoint of "What is good for Xisto" because if it's good for Xisto then it's good for the members and the hosting will continue :lol:Nils

Dooga

I suddenly got the coolest idea! Everyone knows about "Google Answers" right? Well, we can have a forum named "answers" and people would post questions. A user-group should be made called "Researchers", and that group should be the moderators of that forum... (as in the "leaders" according to invision). And in that forum, the researchers would posts the answers to the questions. (as in long detailed answers with sources just like how google researchers do it). And after that, the researcher closes the topic... or maybe leaves it open for comments or something. That way only the Researcher that answered the question can "clarify" on the answer. It's a great way for 1.) people to earn reputation 2.) Xisto to earn high search engine ranks (because you can't believe how many people want to user google answers but don't feel like paying money) 3.) people to join and post 4.) ad views

Of course, the global (or super) moderators are already researchers!

This is different from the "support" section because in the support section, the questions are small, answers are small, and it's not really official because any member answers the question. Instead of a "Member help member" this is more official.

Example: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=141747

http://answers.google.com/answers/

EDIT: Even better! We should have a tag that is called "Answers". That way, when the answer is quoted it 1.) looks better than a quote 2.) doesn't add to the hosting credits because the info is copied. Of course, copying this info is OK because it's a special case and the researchers must provide a source, just like how google researchers do it and post the answers in quotes.... But since normal quotes ("like this") would ADD ON to the hosting credits, that why I suggested an answer tag. It should be a low graphics tag, with the SAME background as the background of this post, so that it doesn't look ugly .

snlildude87

One small problem with your idea: the people at Google get paid; the people here do not get paid.Because of this, our "researchers" here will not be as inclined to give "long detailed answers" as the Google researchers. I mean, you give some good motives for the researchers, but money is always the number one motivation. If we can find a group of people who are willing to do this, then I think the idea may fly, but in the mean time, I cannot think of one person at Xisto who is willing to participate in your idea. The admins have their own jobs, and most of the moderators here have other things to concentrate on such as school and their life outside the internet. This goes for other members also.In short, this is a good idea, but there has to be better motives other than reputation points.

Dooga

That's true... back to the drawing board... hmm... How about rewarding hosting credits?

Johnny

I dunno Dooga. It seems like the "member help member" thing we have now works out better. Everyone can help if they'd like, and there's no problems with obligation.

BuffaloHelp

Re: Army SystemSince the new gaming place needs to be advertised, why don't we bring "Army System" at the top of the menu (where it used to be) and link it to the proper site?And since we are promoting the gaming site, could we do some kind of referral program where each new player on the Army System earns along the line of 10 or 20 hosting credits? Xisto name is already well estabilished and it will take longer time to promote ipbgaming.com's site.

snlildude87

Re: Army System

Since the new gaming place needs to be advertised, why don't we bring "Army System" at the top of the menu (where it used to be) and link it to the proper site?

140988[/snapback]

That's exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't think it was possible.

Becca

uh can I say something about the avatars, They pretty limited and well kind of fugly.. there needs to be more added on whether the admin creates them or the members.. there should be some sort of competition or something to create at least 20 more avatars for the gallery.. it's a little... empty..

OpaQue

One small problem with your idea: the people at Google get paid; the people here do not get paid.

Because of this, our "researchers" here will not be as inclined to give "long detailed answers" as the Google researchers. I mean, you give some good motives for the researchers, but money is always the number one motivation. If we can find a group of people who are willing to do this, then I think the idea may fly, but in the mean time, I cannot think of one person at Xisto who is willing to participate in your idea. The admins have their own jobs, and most of the moderators here have other things to concentrate on such as school and their life outside the internet. This goes for other members also.

In short, this is a good idea, but there has to be better motives other than reputation points.

136956[/snapback]

Since Trap is now attracting a good amount of external traffic, I can easily save up some money. It will be hard.. but I will be able to pay people if they really want to give out dedicated replies. I am thinking of more ways.. but I think, money can be replaced with some other privalages, points etc. Lets see what new ideas hit up.

Johnny

uh can I say something about the avatars, They pretty limited and well kind of fugly.. there needs to be more added on whether the admin creates them or the members.. there should be some sort of competition or something to create at least 20 more avatars for the gallery.. it's a little... empty..

145757[/snapback]

Hm...not exactly at the top of the priority list, but a good suggestion nonetheless. I don't really care about avatars too much, but I'm sure other people do. A contest to create some neat ones might be kinda fun.

snlildude87

A contest to create some neat ones might be kinda fun.

146462[/snapback]

And plus, other hosts are doing that...

I was thinking that we can have a username change for hosted members. Since they cannot get creative names such as -A-r-r-o-w--> upon signing up because the hosting script doesn't accept it (or something like that). So maybe there can be another way to use hosting credits.... Rough idea, but you get the message.

Johnny

And plus, other hosts are doing that...

I was thinking that we can have a username change for hosted members. Since they cannot get creative names such as -A-r-r-o-w--> upon signing up because the hosting script doesn't accept it (or something like that). So maybe there can be another way to use hosting credits.... Rough idea, but you get the message.

146595[/snapback]

IPB has a store that includes username change, right? We should get a store.

rejected

This is only a small thing, but the description to the creative forum is

Just all your creativ stuff.

you might want to change that to creative.
Another little typo

article.Excessiv

in the hot news forum.

TAlk

in the freebies description.

learn't

in the how to's and tutorials
I just noticed that these may be changed, sometimes the smallest details effect someone's opinion.

Johnny

This is only a small thing, but the description to the creative forum is  you might want to change that to creative.

Another little typo  in the hot news forum.

in the freebies description.

in the how to's and tutorials

I just noticed that these may be changed, sometimes the smallest details effect someone's opinion.

149029[/snapback]

Good point. I never really check the front page (I just check my subscribed forums, reports, and the latest posts/topics at the bottom) so I haven't seen these descriptions in a while. Thanks for pointing them out rejected.

darkmeca

IPB has a store that includes username change, right? We should get a store.

146787[/snapback]

I used to use IPB store, at first it can be a lot of fun but after awhile it does get a bit dull and the items might trigger some problem amongst players because there are items where you can remove post counts and posting abilities... i mean you can remove them but that would just limit it to name change and color which isnt a good store plus i think "because" its a hosting forum it should look some what professional and with the store it won't look very professional when there are people will all sorts of stuff done to their name and such. what im trying to say is, we shouldnt get too carried away with extra bits and pieces. well that my point of view...

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2Page 3Page 4Page 5
Page 6Page 7Page 8

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.