xisto Community
flashdiamond

Planet Is Melting

Is global worming really that bad? If the world was going to flood it would do it slowly so we have time to go up high, it is not like we will all die. Yeah we will lose allot of money but at least we wont die. but i still try and save energy. How long is it till the world floods and we got to run to the mounting?Weird but in the bible it says we got to run to the mountings.

Yes global warming is really that bad, we might escape it, but what about all those people that can't, and what about animals? They're habitats are being destroyed because of our stupidity. And will it flood? Of course, will running away work? No.

And flashdiamond, making loads of junk posts just to build up your credits then try and aim for hosting won't work.

I suggest, that if you're going to make such general posts, you head on over to http://forums.xisto.com/index.php and start off there. They have a much more relaxed environment and are more likely to give you hosting.

Edited by twitch (see edit history)

Global warming is a major issue right now for mostly everyone who lives on the planet.With the temperature rising about 1F every year, glaciers are melting and ocean levels will rise. Coastal cities in provinces and states will be underwater in the next maybe 30-50 years?We really need to think about our energy consumption and vehicle usage. Also, we should practice other things that help the environment, such as not littering, saving water and recycling more.

With all that is going on I just dont believe that we have much time left on this Earth. This world is getting over populated by the billions each year, and through those billions of people a certain percentage of that are people that are deystroying our enviroment. Most believe that we can start by making a difference, true but how many of us are there compared to the trillions that tear up our soil? I am one of the people that trys to help but Im starting to lose hope from the things that I have been seeing going on in this world and the waste that is being littered everywhere.We have so much problems going on in this world, all I can say is to just live life while life exists. Doing something to change it is a start, but just make sure that you are going to change the world just because your solely committed to what your are trying to do. Because in the end, you probably cant save this world from its fate. Thats how I view it as now, yes I am probably losing hope, but at least my hope is still their and Im still trying to help out our enviroment, but not as much as I used to before.

Apparantly the UK will become much more liked. I wanted to move to Iceland anyway...Anyway, I don't think it's ever small, but the blame is all over the place.

Yes, Global Warming is becoming a problem. It is the first time I've seen Toronto above 0 degrees Celsius mark during the winter and with it, no snow. Only rain!This is becoming a global issue and someone has to stop it soon!xboxrulz

xboxrulz, quit right its a big problem for each human in the world i think and i dont know how someone can stop all of it, may be some genious with a special idea will help us, anyway our sinces i think blind in this problem, but im only believing that GOD help all of us. Just we should look for this issue with part of philosphy

It is properly too late, I have see pics of the ice lands. How much has melted in just 5 years. It is really shocking. It is not long till the earth floods, if we won’t to save the planet we go to act now! I think the gove needs to put more money into buying more solar power and wind power plants. And we need to recycle more and do are best to save power. On the good side is that I have seen new cars which run on water, But cost allot. But they will get cheaper in time,

Edited by flashdiamond (see edit history)

Then again, global warming might not be the sole cause of it. Obviously we contribute towards making this world a warmer place, but an alternative theory i read about once when i was researching this greenhouse effect is that the earth goes through warm cycles, i don't remember how often. not often, but they said there was evidence in the polar icecaps that at least once or twice before it had melted way down, because the earth's global temperature had raised itself. Sort of like a fever. And it does talk about running to the mountains in the bible, but in a different context. I imagine you talking about Matthew 24, with Jesus' predictions of the endtime, where it says to flee to the mountains when the antichrist sets up his image. Or were you meaning a different passage?

Quoting the movie the Day After Tomorrow, I guess the flooding will cause mixing of the saline water and fresh water and cause an imbalance i the water currents. This would inturn impact global weather and cold winds will strike taking the world back to Ice Age...

@Grafitti I remember hearing something about that, which coincided with the ice age and all that.But in reality we as human are at fault. It's almost January and the only places with snow are hte North and south poles and the highest mountains. I remember like 10-15 years ago their was snow on the ground by thanksgiving.People who claim to hate the snow, won't realize how important it is when it no longer snows. Because with the snow on the mountains, the water that runs off helps the planet life grow and what not. Also it is the source of the clean water we have as well. So once global warming hit's the mountain tops you could say our goose is cooked (literally).Now if people were not so greedy we be looking for new energy sources and put them into full use. But since the rich are making billions off of oil it won't happen. I rather the planet go quick and easy instead of slow and painful like it is now.

yeah i was talking about Matthew 24-11 where it says Quote (And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 and this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. "therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation as spoken of through daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in ju-de'a begin fleeing to the mountains.) So what it is saying is in the end we run to the mountings, witch would make sense because of global warming.

Quoting the movie the Day After Tomorrow, I guess the flooding will cause mixing of the saline water and fresh water and cause an imbalance i the water currents. This would inturn impact global weather and cold winds will strike taking the world back to Ice Age...

This is exactly what scientists fear nowadays. Most of global climate, mainly in Europe, depend upon water/wind currents located in western Atlantic ocean, close to US. I was astonished when a friend who works in an environment business told me about it, and that the story told on the film Day After Tomorrow is a real possibility, and second some, the most likely to cause a new Ice Age.
And here in Brazil each year the summer is hotter and hotter... And I don't even live in a beach city!

ah the same is in India. Although Northern India has a continental climate, where during summers its very hot and during the winters its very cold, these days the summers are becoming hotter day by day whereas I am not even wearing a sweater on this December morning (last year it went as low as 0 degrees here)... But if the actual aftermath of global warming takes place, and throws us into ice age, it is not just a remote possibility but a fact that most of the northern hemisphere will be covered in ice.Nature has a self balancing effect and I am cent percent sure that nature will do something to shed off human population weight in some way or the other through natural disasters. Something similar will strike with the global warming scenario.Simply cant imagine what we all are to witness while we are still alive.

@Grafitti I remember hearing something about that, which coincided with the ice age and all that.
But in reality we as human are at fault.
Now if people were not so greedy we be looking for new energy sources and put them into full use. But since the rich are making billions off of oil it won't happen. I rather the planet go quick and easy instead of slow and painful like it is now.

Yes I agree with that. I was just pointing out that there are other theories as well, but definitely i believe that humans are at fault. It's hard to have long-term vision for things like that. You want to drive your gas-guzzler rather than get a smaller import, and the emissions don't impact on you right away, so why economise? but years down the line it all adds up.

yeah i was talking about Matthew 24-11 where it says Quote (And many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off. but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 14 and this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. "therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation as spoken of through daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in ju-de'a begin fleeing to the mountains.)
So what it is saying is in the end we run to the mountings, witch would make sense because of global warming.

well........... not exactly. If I were to pursue this thread then I'd point out that Jesus was referring to the prophecies by Daniel, which speak of the antichrist breaking his pact with the jews who he's allowed to recommence their religious sacrifices, in which he forbids it and sets up an image of himself in its place, demanding that all worship him only. That's what Matthew refers to when he speaks of the abomination of desolation. But this is a climate topic and not estachological.