xisto Community
tcave

Do Aliens Really Exist? Hot Debate! do they really exist?

I don't think they do.. I think there are UFOs, but man made them. There's so many secret government things going on.. I'm kinda naiive about that department, but I really don't think they exist. I believe in the Bible, and there's really no evidence that God created aliens. The human mind is able to generate thoughts like that and I think that's what they are.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I believe in the Bible, and there's really no evidence that God created aliens.

There is no evidence that god ever did anything. I dont think a book about *faith* can be used as *evidence*.
I think you would have to be very very religous, or very very naieve to think that in all the universe, we are the only plannet with life on it.

however.. having said that, i dont believe we we will ever likely be in contact with aliens for several reasons...

1) SETI (search for extra terrestrial life) is assuming that aliens are communicating with multi-directional radio waves... with our limited technology, we dont even do that anymore, we use fibre obtics, etc.

ALSO, scientists have rpoven faster than light communication possable woth quantum entaglements (source : newscientist.com) This form of communication would be instant, where as radio waves, with a maximum speed o flight, would be useless ofver large ranges.

in other words.. the aliens will either be communicating with each other using technology w having even invented... or a the very least will be using encryption?

2) It would take many many many lifetimes for an alien race to reach us.. Unless they have developed either time travel, or faster than light travel... in either case, with out technology, and mental capacity, we would hardly be interesting to them right ???

3) We havnt developed WARP technology yet... so intterfering with us would be a direct violation of the prime directive (Star Trek reference :P couldnt resist)

I think that there are some more living beings in space, not only humans (and all the animals in the Earth). Why do I think so? Becouse there are billions of Solar systems, like ours, and each of that system has own planets, own satellites, own asteroids....So there might be lots of planets like Earth (with same climate), suitable for living. So existence of other civilizations is possible. Maybe they, who are called aliens, call us alliens and keep guessing like us: are they alone in space or not?We can only guess... Are there other civilizations, or are not... If there are, then how much?... hundreds? thousands? millions? even more?Maybe we look stupid for allliens like ants look stupid for us. Our science level looks hight. Or maybe it look hight for us only... Other civilizations could be reached much higher level... Why not? We think that we are smart. But there must be something smarter then us!So how do how think, when will the Star Wars become reality? :rolleyes:

There's no way, advanced alien life exists. There might be a planet with a little water or a few minerals, but no 'beings'. The Bible clearly states that we humans are the most advanced creatures in the universe. If there was extraterrestial life, they would be much more advanced than us and would have shown up by know.

There's no way, advanced alien life exists. There might be a planet with a little water or a few minerals, but no 'beings'. The Bible clearly states that we humans are the most advanced creatures in the universe. If there was extraterrestial life, they would be much more advanced than us and would have shown up by know.

I completely agree with him.

I do disagree with some of it, but it helps me say what I was trying to say

Bible, like Koran and other religious books and scrolls is writen by humans. All the religions is created by humans. In ancient times religion was "invented" for these purposes:1) Make people believe in God (or gods) - this is one of the best way to unite them.2) Make people not afraid of death (for better results in wars and battles - to keep warriors morale up)3) Make people donate goods and sacrifice various animals for God (truly - for priests, that's why they always were in good social status).Don't you see, that humans do everything they want to do: allows gay marriage; islam propagate Christians killing. And all of this is in God's name. So if we believe in Bible, there a still somewhere Moses, who get new orders from God (like gay marriage allowance) and get them down to us.So let's forget this nice tale about Adam & Eve (and about Spiderman, Batman, Superman... :rolleyes:) and start thinking clearly.

In the Bible, they do not even mention the other tribes of humans that were created during the time of Adam and Eve until you hear about Cain's wife, and she is mentioned hardly in passing. Just because something is not mentioned in detail does not mean it ceases to exist. I do believe there are extraterrestrial beings. However, I think it is really foolish to begin a religious debate on either side based on this thinking, so I am not going to go any more in depth in to this. None of this can be known for sure, so it is absolutely pointless to call nonbelievers, believers, or those who believe in aliens fools. None of you are all-knowing, so do not put down your fellow man based on something you have an equal lack of proof for. It is foolish.

I believe that there just has to be other forms of life in the universe. How could there be so much empty space throughout the universe for just one random planet, which the natives call "Earth", that has life. The odds are against it thats for sure. Maybe we have the superior science and technology maybe we don't, no one will know until the time comes. I thinks its rather foolish to use radio waves to try to find communications from aliens though.In the movies the seemingly invincible aliens always come to earth looking to destroy human kind or something like that. Maybe in like a thousand years we will be those aliens comming to another species planet, who knows what we will do there though.

I don't think they do.. I think there are UFOs, but man made them. There's so many secret government things going on.. I'm kinda naiive about that department, but I really don't think they exist. I believe in the Bible, and there's really no evidence that God created aliens. The human mind is able to generate thoughts like that and I think that's what they are.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If u beleive that the Universe is as big as people think it is....

Then the possibility of life on another planet is almost certain, i mean.. earth is..

the speck of dust on a counter...compared to the universe... There has to be life somewhere else.. i

In the Bible, they do not even mention the other tribes of humans that were created during the time of Adam and Eve until you hear about Cain's wife, and she is mentioned hardly in passing.

Just because something is not mentioned in detail does not mean it ceases to exist.

I do believe there are extraterrestrial beings. However, I think it is really foolish to begin a religious debate on either side based on this thinking, so I am not going to go any more in depth in to this. None of this can be known for sure, so it is absolutely pointless to call  nonbelievers, believers, or those who believe in aliens fools.

None of you are all-knowing, so do not put down your fellow man based on something you have an equal lack of proof for. It is foolish.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you.. and i agree with the fact that it's impossible to comprehend that anyone would not believe that there was other forms of life in the universe, i mean, how can you not think that in the hugeness of infinite space, the universe isn't brimming with life.. isn't that sorta the whole point of the whole mess??? Universe creates life.. that's it's job :rolleyes:

People! don't be funny. If there is no life in space: that would mean that whole universe is a wasted space. There is something out there. Human race is not the only thing in space. It's just too damn big for one advanced race only...

The Bible Also clearly states that.....

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and wil bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

"I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy." (Jer. 13:14) "Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not, but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling."
"The Lord is very pitiful and of tender mercy." (James 5:11)
"For his mercy endureth forever." (1 Chron. 16:34)
"The Lord is good to all, and his tender mercies are over all his works." (Ps. 145:9)
"God is love." (1 John 4:16)

So i think we can quite easily dis-credit the bible as evidence for anything.

Well this next part is coming from a Christian and since some of you pretty much called us stupid, ignorant and gullable then you can save yourself some time and skip this post since you all wouldn't even take it in anyway since I'm not a doctor in science and can't prove anything.Now that I have got rid of people who were only going to read my post to try and prove me wrong, maybe you people who are still reading will hear my point.I think this question is all about the whole human brains limit. It wasn't mean to understand the magnitude of the number of electrons in the earth or ever touch the edge of the universe and people have a hard time understanding this. The top scientists can't even prove alot of things - many are just theories yet because of TV, society as a whole would rather believe that aliens are looking for us and that we will be able to go into space with laser beams that can pick other people up.Let's look at the whole process of transportation we see from SciFi programs. For a human to build this it would require a machine to take every part of the human body apart until they are electrons, fire these electrons to another machine and rebuild the human structure of that individual person. Not to mention the system would only work in a vacuum to avoid collision of atoms. One electron missing is almost certain to make you disabled or dead.So many humans can turn down the points raised by the bible but not reject light sabres, transportation systems and those laser things that come from UFO's that can pick objects up...Just because one scientist says it is possible?So I believe that we are the only people in this universe, the only thinking organisms that can feel emotions. I also think, although it can probably be proven, that less than 0.01% of the people who believe in aliens now would not even dream up the idea of aliens if we lived in a world were it wasn't broadcast such a thing existed. In otherwords, couldn't think of the idea themselves. Just because the universe is giant doesn't mean that those little electrons magically formed themselves together coincentally in the exact same way our brains formed so that they too can also think. If you go by science and probability those chances are impossible.

For a human to build this it would require a machine to take every part of the human body apart until they are electrons, fire these electrons to another machine and rebuild the human structure of that individual person. Not to mention the system would only work in a vacuum to avoid collision of atoms. One electron missing is almost certain to make you disabled or dead.

If teleportation machines are ever built, they would use Quantum Entaglement to commumicate over large distances instantly. (Teleportation) Search Google for Quantum Entanglement, very interesting stuff.

Basically... You entangle 2 photons together, then seperate them as far apart as you like.
When you kick one photon, the other jumps. Advantages: because no data is tansmitted, or any matter is sent, then its impossoble for information to be lost, or corupted along the way.

So many humans can turn down the points raised by the bible but not reject light sabres, transportation systems and those laser things that come from UFO's that can pick objects up...Just because one scientist says it is possible?

They said Human Flight was impossable...They said the same about computers, and getting into space...

What scientist say, is that there are no KNOWN laws of phsics that say any of those things are impossable.

Scientists say that Teleportation aprears to be possible... or at least, that we cannot currently dis-prove it.

people who believe in aliens now would not even dream up the idea of aliens if we lived in a world were it wasn't broadcast such a thing existed

The MAJOR flaw in this theory is your order of events.

Scientists found that there are parrallel Universes years before parrallel universes ever found there way into sci-fi fillms....

Same with Aliens.

Just because the universe is giant doesn't mean that those little electrons magically formed themselves together coincentally in the exact same way our brains formed so that they too can also think. If you go by science and probability those chances are impossible.

What do you know about maths ????

Take the probability of somthing happening... for example what you described.
its a very very very very very small number...

now multiply that number by Infinity (because time and the universe are probably infinite)

and the answer is..... 100%

Personally, i dont like religons that use fear (threat of hell) to make you ignore common snece, mathematics and porbability.

Ohh, and our brains evolved, they just didnt apear.

Ohh... and, here was a very interesting article about the possable end of the universe in newscientist (a magasene i like)

In the world of quantum mechanics, somtimes, things aprear from nowhere, then suddenly disapear in space. usually simple things like quarks, very rarely complicated things like neutrons. Assuming that Time is infinite, and the universe will alwasy exist, Sooner or later, its a mathematical certainty, that for a split second, a perfect model of your left ear will apeare, made of solid gold, 600 miles in diameter.

with an infinite amount of time... even the most unlikely events WILL happen.

The Difference between the scientific argument, and the christion one is very simple...

The Scientist say that Aliens PROBABLY Exist, and give reasons such as how evolution can take a simple thing, and grow it over billions of years... and things like how the ingredients for life are ommon in the universe..

The Christians say that aliens DEFINATLY dont exist becase it doesnt say they do in a very old book, written by people who knew a lot less about space than we do today.

See the difference ???
Nobody KNOWS for certain.... Scientits are giving a reasonable believable answer.
Christians a claiming to know the answer, with no proof, based on personal beliefe.

If the christian God made all people,,, Why dont the Hindu's (who god must have created) know about him ?

If All people were created, and didnt evolve... Why do people who live in hotter climates like Africa have darker skin than those in colder climates like Sweden ????

To me, religon is a very very powerfull meme. capable of getting very deeply lodged into your brain.

I wonder... would you bet your family's life on information taken from such an old self-contradicting book ?