xisto Community
evion

Adobe Photoshop Vs. Macromedia Fireworks Diffs? Simis?

I would like to know what graphic program you think is best? I use Fireworks but somehow i keep thinking Photoshop is twice as good. Problem is, I don't find myself trying to use Adobe =) I know so many tricks done on Fireworks I just can't break free. What do u think?

if you're more accustommed to Fireworks, I say stick with it. Personally, I never tried using that application and have only used psp and photoshop for graphics, so I can't provide you with differences and similarities =/

Hmm....actually did u guys started with Fireworks or Photoshop? I mean like the first time you discovered your talents in Graphic design? :) I'm such a great fan of Macromedia!! In fact, the only product that i don't really like from Macromedia is Dreamweaver (Maybe thats because i hate WYSIWYG editors...) All the rest rocks!!

i use photoshop, i think its a very very powerful app for graphic design i did use pain shop pro a while back before i got a copy of photoshop and it wasn't a patch. i never really tried fireworks, i do however know that fireworks is designed more for web graphics design as opposed to photoshop being more generalised.

well i started off with photoshop and have become accustomed with all of the tools that the program provides. and i havent even used macromedia fireworks but one of my friends thinks that fireworks is better

Tried a lil' of Firework while doing a Web-Design Course. No match for Photoshop. PS can really work wonders, and I believe is the choicest software for graphics artists.

There are many ways to download a copy of it freely anyway .. (Shan't explain further in this open forum .. :):P .. Dangerous to say somethings)

BTW is there a Linux equivalent of Photoshop? I do not expect it to be as powerful, but at least can do most of the common design functionalities ..

I have used Photoshop and find it excellent for doing many things. The only exception is that it is not easy to draw what I have in mind cos maybe I am not familiar with the tool.I am more keen to know what is the difference between Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Anyone knows the diff? Is Illustrator use more for drawing since it is called 'illustrator'?

I started on Photoshop, and I really didn't try Macromedia Fireworks. No time to really get used to it. Photoshop, I think can do a lot of things, but I really can't make a judgement. To each his own I suppose.

I have used Photoshop and find it excellent for doing many things. The only exception is that it is not easy to draw what I have in mind cos maybe I am not familiar with the tool.

I am more keen to know what is the difference between Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Anyone knows the diff? Is Illustrator use more for drawing since it is called 'illustrator'?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What you want in photoshop(esp. 7 and CS) is the paintbrush tool. You also likely want a tablet if you are using it for drawing. The tablet + paintbrush solution is crazy for doing art, for instance: my lizardman

As for the difference between illustrator and photoshop, illustrator is for illustration. The difference is that illustrator mainly does vector graphics, whereas photoshop handles pixel or raster based graphics(like for the web and such). Finally, imageready that comes with photoshop is for taking photoshop stuff and setting it up for web use(like slices of images and such)

What you want in photoshop(esp. 7 and CS) is the paintbrush tool.  You also likely want a tablet if you are using it for drawing.  The tablet + paintbrush solution is crazy for doing art, for instance: my lizardman

As for the difference between illustrator and photoshop, illustrator is for illustration.  The difference is that illustrator mainly does vector graphics, whereas photoshop handles pixel or raster based graphics(like for the web and such).  Finally, imageready that comes with photoshop is for taking photoshop stuff and setting it up for web use(like slices of images and such)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But photoshop itself has vector tools too. Or is there something special about illustrator's vector graphics?

Your lizardman is really cool. Did you just do that with Photoshop?

And I just got a tablet not long ago ;)

I would like to know what graphic program you think is best? I use Fireworks but somehow i keep thinking Photoshop is twice as good. Problem is, I don't find myself trying to use Adobe =) I know so many tricks done on Fireworks I just can't break free. What do u think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, i use Both sometimes. I use photoshop ONLY for the sponge tool to desaturate parts of pictures. Then go to photoshop, use the polygon select tool and cut parts out and layer them onto other pictures. I don't photoshop, i photoworks :P Anyways, i would suggest using both, and seeing how you like them. i started in fireworks and !found! Photoshop on my pc, but the saturate can be done if fireworks (i found it last night) but to only desaturate part of it you have to polygon select that part and find it in the Effects, i think. Well, hope i helped!

Peace

Aaron

Tried a lil' of Firework while doing a Web-Design Course. No match for Photoshop. PS can really work wonders,  and I believe is the choicest software for graphics artists.

There are many ways to download a copy of it freely anyway .. (Shan't explain further in this open forum .. :)  :)  .. Dangerous to say somethings)

BTW is there a Linux equivalent of Photoshop? I do not expect it to be as powerful, but at least can do most of the common design functionalities ..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, there definately is a Linux equivalent for Photoshop... It's called The Gimp. I have to say I haven't tried it that much, from what I've tried it is definately worth the try, it is ported into a Windows version as well. And it is FREE.