Psp Owns Ds? yes it does :)

PSP owns DS ANYDAY

i have a psp :lol:
look at what i found,
haha

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I like both... but heres my opinion:
DS Vs. PSP
I strap up both consoles Head to Head, to find out which one will reign supreme.

Graphics/Power
DS - Great Graphics, capable of fully 3D renderings and worlds. Past N64 quality. - 9/10
PSP - Amazing! Way better then the DS. Capable of playing films as well and way more powerful then PSone. - 10/10

Sound
DS - Almost perfect. Good with headphones or without headphones. Also Capable of crisp sterio and surround sound. - 9/10
PSP It's good... but nothing special... however the quality is vastly improved when you use headphones. - 8/10

Battery
DS - Exellent. You only need to charge it for 4 hours and it lasts for a strong 8-10 hours. - 10/10
PSP - Not bad... considering the power of the PSP. But it only lasts 2-8 hours (if your lucky) with an average of 4. - 8/10

Comfort/Portability
DS - Depends on the game really. Sometimes the weight may cause very slight problems when using the touch screen in 1 hand and holding it with the other, but fine if your resting on something. When your not using the touch screen its still pretty good; just not perfect. It is more portable though thanks to the Clam Shell design and even though it may not look like it, it actually can fit in your pocket better then the PSP. - 8/10
PSP - Im guessing it is though form what i have heard and read, and i think it is more comftorbal then the DS. Due to the size and battery though it becomes less portable... - 8/10

Looks
DS - It's not the most sleek looking thing you have ever seen. But considering the specifications of the needed dual screens, touch screen, microphone, etc, nintendo did try their best... - 7/10
PSP - Beautiful. Definetely looks cool, and certainly gives people them precious first impressions over what system is better. - 9/10

Games
DS - Be sure to expect all the great classics. Super Mario, Metroid, Mario Kart, Advance Wars, Animal Crossing, and all the rest! You always know there will be good games for nintendo consoles. - 9/10
PSP - Unfortunately this is where this system is weak... i have seen the games at the moment and the games soon to come, and apart from 1 game thats sure to rock (GTA) the rest will probably be lame... I expect a few good and maybe must-have games though but not much... 8/10

Features
DS - Multimedia support (unless you manage to import Play Yan) is crap. Features to offer new ways to play games is where this system shines! Touch Screen for accurate mouse like controls, microphone for voice recognition, WIFI. free online play and lots more! - 8/10
PSP - No new ways to play games... BUT, great multimedia support. Can play movies, MP3's, pictures, watch films, and lots more! - 9/10

OVERALL
DS Points = 60
PSP = 60

Well, as much as it sounds like it was planned to be the same from the beginning... IT WASN'T! Im suprised as you are.

Which i guess this means... they both are the best. But if, like most people, you can't afford both you will have to make a choice for yourself. So read everything above and see what features your looking for in a hand held. For example, do you care what it looks like? Do you really want a long battery life? Do you want a solid game system or one to do more then just play games? The whole choice is up to you.

On a personal note I have and do prefer the DS... But it's still your decision.

NOTE: I own 2 DS's but don't have a PSP. The PSP verdict was based on what i have read, seen, and heard. I have still tried to make it as fair as possible but if you feel I made a mistake, just say what you think is wrong.

Notice from truefusion:
Quoted part gained from: http://www.zymic.com/forum/index.php?showtp;p=73830;# Warning issued.

No way! The DS owns PSP without a question. The PlayStation Portable's battery power is next to crap, and there are very few games, seeing as how it seems to be more media then gaming. Plus, it's way expensive, and not as portable as the DS.Nintendo Dual Screen is the way to go!

Sorry NPDA but i have to disagree with you. The PSP pwns the DS in so many ways. Sure both have wi-fi but the PSP has Internet Browser. The DS has some great titles but most are like mario, yoshi, pokemon, and stuff like that. The PSP has a lot of titles like war games. But i would have to say that the DS is for younger people. The PSP is probly for people a little older. But thats what i think. But i dont mean that just because that is what i said i dont mean that younger or older people cant play the other one.

In your post you say the the PSP owns the Ds even though amost of your statements are supporting the DS system. Personally, the DS is better mainly for the fact that the Nintend Ds is alsmost half the price, has cheaper games, also can playu gameboy games , gameboy advanced games, which will save you a ton of money, also the psp is oo complex and you have to leanr many things to use it while the ds is so easy to use it doesnt have too much buttons. A dummy canuse it and learn everything aboiut it in a couple of seconds. The down side of the PSPS is that the compant that makes the PSPS, sony, is wasting too much money to make UMD videos for the PSP then trying to spend money on cool games that would really actract buyers. Also, like said in the post above, the PSPS only has a couple of Good games, Really the only games that they have that are any good to me or the GTA gams. The sports games, with the exception of MLB 06 the show which is an extremely good game, all suck and are poor quality. MAdden 2006 was horrible, and madden 2007 isnt any better. Ncca football is also at the same leval that the 2006 mdden Nfl football was because it as well is mssing many features and has porr graphics and looks more like a Ps1 game than a PSP game. THe ds may have worse graphics then tye PSp but it doesnt really matter because the DS has sp much betetr stuff that really makes up for the stuff that it is lacking!

i would have to say the psp owns the ds. Yea the bettery is only 5 hour or a little longer. But i don't mine charging becuase i am not going to be playing it for 5 or 6 hours straight. But the psp has so many great games commin out soon. Like GTA,Killzone,NFS Carbon and a bunch more. Also you can browse on the internet which is great. And soon sony is gonna release a ps1 emulator and people will be able to play ps1 games on their psp which is amazing. I personally would prefer the psp over the ds.

You can't beat internet, music, pictures, and the ability to expand upon that. The PSP is practically a handheld computer, you could probably install Linux on it if you wanted. Plus - the graphics power is equal to a PS2, whereas a DS's graphics power is what? A PSone, or thereabouts. You don't HAVE to buy UMD DVDs, either. You can put your normal ones on flash cards and just pla them on your PSP.Overall, I'd WAY prefer a PSP. Way more advanced. And Nintendo is known for their HORRIBLE backwards compatibility. Meaning, they can't play old games. Not until they did handhelds. Think about NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube? None of them can play any other's games.

Meh this portable gaming console war is going to far I think, both of the consoles are really good and everyone has his own opinnion about both. While the Playstation Portable has games for more grown up people the Nintendo DS is more aimed at children but also aimed to fans of the classical games, I wouldn't want either to disappear, and because it's so hard to make a choise I decided not to buy any of them at all, this also saves a bit of money I guess.. hehe

PSP PSP PSP i got my self a psp my mate sold it to me dirt cheap, im well pleased, does everything i want, fantastic little piece of kit, travels with me all the time, next goal = laptop would own a psp anyday, man i want a laptop!anyways yeah the psp owns ds easy superior screen size and graphic power in my opion, brought up on sony and i will continue loving and using sony!thanks for the psp and playstation, nice one!

The only reason i buy hand held games consoles are to play games, if i want to go on the internet, look at pictures etc i'll use a laptop (which is better than a psp for them reasons) then when i want to have FUN i'll play the ds. Quite frankley the games on the psp bore me. the controls are awkward and unimaginitive, they've just gripped the ps2 graphics card put it in a case and said "wow look what weve made!!!" the ds on the other hand has the touch screen capabilities to make completely original fresh games which have kept me hooked for ages. I might be a little biased since i program (create) 2d games and appreciate them alot more than most other people do, but in reality i went to the shops with money in my hand and wanted something to entertain me and the ds delivered that, when playing on my friends psp i was impressed by the graphics then after i appreciated it i put it down, the opposite was with the ds.

At the end of the day, yeah the psp looks nicer, has more power, more features etc. but the originality of advance wars and yoshi touch and go have impressed me more than the psp itself.

You can't beat internet, music, pictures, and the ability to expand upon that. The PSP is practically a handheld computer, you could probably install Linux on it if you wanted. Plus - the graphics power is equal to a PS2, whereas a DS's graphics power is what? A PSone, or thereabouts. You don't HAVE to buy UMD DVDs, either. You can put your normal ones on flash cards and just pla them on your PSP.

Um actually the DS can do all those things as well, Nintendo have released a web browser, and a media player that are both officially branded, so yes the DS can play movies on SD cards, and browse the web. Does the PSP allow you to type in the URL with a stylus? I think not. The only reason that they did not include all these things is because Nintendo targets all ages, and lets face it, money doesn't grow on trees.

Overall, I'd WAY prefer a PSP. Way more advanced. And Nintendo is known for their HORRIBLE backwards compatibility. Meaning, they can't play old games. Not until they did handhelds. Think about NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube? None of them can play any other's games.

Have you actually taken a look at the cartridges? They are different sure they could have used the same sort of cartridge style to allow that but who wants to do that? Another thing, the Gamecube uses CD's for a reason so the games that are over 1 GB can load faster than a cartridge. You ask why the NES can't play other games, its because it was Nintendo's first console.

you're right, psp owns DS anyday...DS has some nice games and is unique in its own way, but the number of games for it is rather limited as compared to the PSP. PSP pwns DS in terms of functions and capabilities too, it outperforms the DS by a great margin. my friend even has GPS on his PSP...i didn't believe him at first...but..he showed me, all i could do was let my jaw drop...GPS on a PSP?????? what more could you ask for..it plays games, vids, and even gps...i don't see how DS can match up...all it has is 2 screens and a writing pad or whatever its called...

Um actually the DS can do all those things as well, Nintendo have released a web browser, and a media player that are both officially branded, so yes the DS can play movies on SD cards, and browse the web. Does the PSP allow you to type in the URL with a stylus? I think not. The only reason that they did not include all these things is because Nintendo targets all ages, and lets face it, money doesn't grow on trees.Have you actually taken a look at the cartridges? They are different sure they could have used the same sort of cartridge style to allow that but who wants to do that? Another thing, the Gamecube uses CD's for a reason so the games that are over 1 GB can load faster than a cartridge. You ask why the NES can't play other games, its because it was Nintendo's first console.

1. It's not Nintendo. Opera released the browser. That's $20+ more to get on the internet.
2. That's great and all, if you want to watch your videos on a screen smaller than your calculator screen.

3. A huge factor in my choice between a PS2 and Gamecube was the fact I had tons of PS1 games. I also had plenty of N64 games. But the Gamecube couldn't play them. So, why pay $40 for enough new games to make up for your old stash when you could play your old games.
4. Sony has been using discs for exactly that reason since the N64. With a Gamecube you get... what, 2Gb or 4Gb worth of game depending on dual layer or not? PS2 has twice that, respectively.

And last... if money doesn't grow on trees, why not just use your computer? What's even the point of a console?

All I was pointing out, Nintendo's compatibility is bad. Playstation has kept up one type through they're history - and are going to through the PS3. Nintendo is switching disc sizes on the Wii. Yes - it can still play old games, but they are changing sizes.

And yeah - the dual screen thing is cool. I would personally not mind which system I got if it was given to me. If I were to buy one, it would be a PSP. I've grown up on Sony. They know what they're doing just as much an Nintendo. Nintendo just tries new stuff. And don't get me wrong - the Wii is REALLY cool. It's just not going to have as much processing power as either of the new systems.

It is, however small, compact and pretty. The controller is awesome, you can download old games. Which I believe should be free, but from what I've seen, they're definitely not.

Opera worked in Cooperation with Nintendo, Nintendo released the RAM expansion for it with the cartridge, so its more of a joint operation. Also I doubt calculators actually have screens that are larger than the DS's and also that are able to process colours like the DS is. I'm not sure if you understood my comment about money not growing on trees, what i meant was that if Nintendo had of included all these features in the handheld then the handheld would not be as affordable as all of Nintendo's Consoles, Handhelds. Also its the reason Nintendo tries so hard to develop new ideas of gameplay is the reason that Nintendo is so popular. Also in response to Nero's post, The DS may have limited games compared to the PSP, ill have to take your word for that, but atleast the DS's games are actually good. The reviews ive read from the PSP games out are not even worth buying except for some, around 2.