HOME       >>       Science and Technology

My Idea To Keep Antimatter In A Matter Container using fans in all directions to keep it in place.

dre

Matter and antimatter do not respond identically or symmetrically to all of the fource forces in nature (grativy, electromagnetism, strong force, and weak force). Given, you can't be sure that EM or a gravity force will be able to contain the antimatter in place predictably, if at all.I'm not sure where you would be able to harvest pure antimatter and be able to contain it, but I have read somewhere that when gamma rays collide with atomic nuclei, their energy is sometimes converted into both positrons and electrons. And as we all know, particles and antiparticles annihilate each other, creating the energy you want. I guess the trick here would be to make sure that the gamma rays are able to hit the nuclei. However, the production of matter and antimatter would be uneven, yeilding random energy release. It could be possible that so little antiparticles would be produced that the reaction would not even start.Also, if you are going to store antimatter, you will have to be able to release it it very small amounts. If you just let the thing off like a firework, all of the antimatter will react in trillionths of a second, making you cruse through space at top speed... and then you have to figure out how to stop. That's why the idea of using matter to create particles and antiparticles appeals to me more: you can store it at ease, use whatever amount you need, without any dangers (depending on what element you use).The way I see it, the first thing that has to get figured out is how to be able to travel for long distances, and speed should be figured out later. The world will probably annihilate itself before this is available anyways, so there's really no hope of distant space travel for mankind.

hitmanblood

I know for certain that they are able to produce antimatter in laboratories and this thing happened already in some of the amercian colliders and they are also doing a lot of research in Europe in CERN in Geneva actually they are producing or trying to produce Hicks Boson to prove the weight of the matter but new hadron collider they made is also able to produce antimatter as it is large energy scale. However we know for certain also that antimatter has its own weight and that it is producing gravitational pull this can be noticed on the bending of light on large distances. When we detect that light was bended but it shouldn't have been, also new international investment to produce laser based telescope might bring some more light to the antimatter it self as it would contain two high energy laser beams deployed at same time and return of them and its bending over long distance should prove existence of dark matter which is directly connected to the existence of antimatter. Also referring to the previous post we can test some of the laws on antimatter as when we have certain nucleus dividing we can observe antimatter particles interacting with other particles and we can measure their existence. And referring to the idea presented on the first page of this post. I think that it is not possible nor feasible as it has been many times said air is matter and only way to control and store antimatter would be if you have vacuum container. Example of such container can be found in the the Book Angels and Deamons by Dan Brown.

csp4.0

I have made a theory, but it will be extremely expensive and heavy. Ok her goes:Because you need the basic elements like an electron and a proton (sometimes a neutron) to make an atom.You'll need alot of tiny super-electro magnets, a place of 100% vacuum.First, you'll need to build the room, using alot of complex mathematical equations, put all those magnets around and inside the room. Put the anti-matter particles in pure form, and simplify them so all thats left is only positrons, negatrons, and the opposite of a neutron, then space them out, so each type of particle will rule over 1 part of the room. That will store the particles, and to use them, build another room, using the same technique, but put matter into it.Build a 'atom mixer' then just using those magnets, carefully move those anti-matter and matter particles into th mixer, BOOM! They collide providing the USS Enterprise Thrust.

dre

positrons, negatrons

Negatrons are electrons and positrons are electrons with a positive charge and with the opposite spin.

hitmanblood

I have made a theory, but it will be extremely expensive and heavy. Ok her goes:
Because you need the basic elements like an electron and a proton (sometimes a neutron) to make an atom.
You'll need alot of tiny super-electro magnets, a place of 100% vacuum.
First, you'll need to build the room, using alot of complex mathematical equations, put all those magnets around and inside the room. Put the anti-matter particles in pure form, and simplify them so all thats left is only positrons, negatrons, and the opposite of a neutron, then space them out, so each type of particle will rule over 1 part of the room. That will store the particles, and to use them, build another room, using the same technique, but put matter into it.
Build a 'atom mixer' then just using those magnets, carefully move those anti-matter and matter particles into th mixer, BOOM! They collide providing the USS Enterprise Thrust.

You haven't considered several factors and those are:
1. We are not able to produce 100% vacuum in labaratories maximum is currently some 10 to 20 millibars which in fact is more then atmosphere on the mars.
2. If this is isolated room how would you build antimatter as you have to transport it from the producing site as you have to put it somehow in the room and if it comes in touch with some other matter particle you'll have nice fireworks

richierich1m

air is a matter so antimatter could not be kept in contact with the air as air reacts with antimatter ans would destroy it,the only logical way to handle an antimatter is by electromagnets which would suspend it in a vaccum and thus the rocket would become faster with less explosive in it and could last longer and even take us to far lands like even pluto ,so isnt that would be wonderful

hitmanblood

air is a matter so antimatter could not be kept in contact with the air as air reacts with antimatter ans would destroy it,the only logical way to handle an antimatter is by electromagnets which would suspend it in a vaccum and thus the rocket would become faster with less explosive in it and could last longer and even take us to far lands like even pluto ,so isnt that would be wonderful

In fact we would be able to travel even further it is just if we start using matter antimatter propulsion you have to stop thinking in the conventional point of view as such propulsion would produce far more energy or thrust then anything we got currently in the world. Some then times more then energy produced in nuclear submarine just for comparison. And the way of traveling would certainly change. Also there is question of efficiency as our current propulsions are not very efficient that is problem is not in the power of the engine but how would we transfer this power from generator to give us real thrust. As currently I am not familiar with any kind of study nor material which would be able to do that so we are still banging with our heads into wall.

csp4.0

Anyone thought of using antimatter to generate electricity or something? because fossil fuels are running out and nuclear fission is too risky. So unless you know how to control nuclear fusion, antimatter would be better

hitmanblood

Anyone thought of using antimatter to generate electricity or something? because fossil fuels are running out and nuclear fission is too risky. So unless you know how to control nuclear fusion, antimatter would be better

Well in fact there ir more probability that we will firstly use nuclear energy as it is cheaper although environmental costs are hinger. And we know a lot more about nuclear energy then about antimatter and its behavior so according to the opportunity cost we will switch to the nuclear energy as general energy source first and then maybe if researching funds permit to start devising plan for antimatter matter reactors.

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2Page 3

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.