HOME       >>       Science and Technology

Should Students In School Show Pda's Public displays of affection

Matrixdudej

i say that it doesnt matter because you can say its breaking the rules to show PDA but that wont stop it people will still show PDA and all they will accomplish is more kids in detention if it bothers anyone look away it will always happen get used to it

Albus Dumbledore

i don't see why people have such big problems with public display of affection, holding hands here, holding hands there, a kiss here a kiss there, a little tongue here, and little tongue there, but if they start dry humping each other or something it's a bit to far, but just making out, kissing, holding hands, hugs, that's not anything bad... I'll hug anyone and if anyone ever dare say anything about my PDA of hugging, they will find my foot is going to become close friends with them and them excellent friends with the ground

JasperIk

I don't know I don't actually like seeing people showing Public Displays of Affection, mostly because i think it is kind of a personal thing, and I know people wouldnt like to see me with my boyfriend, but at the same time I think some people make a big deal out of it. I don't think people should be full on making out, groping eachother, or touching eachother so severely in public, because its 1. Gross 2. Rude and 3. Makes you look trashy. But as for a simple hug, or even holding eachother doesn't really bother me, to me that just shows you care for that person. I also don't really mind a few small kisses here and there, as long as they don't last more than a few seconds. Holding hands is obviously perfectly acceptable, and probably the best and least inappropriate way to show your affection publicly without going overboard.

-[Nero]-

its not whether they should or shouldn't show pda....its whether they want to or not. if they don't want to, no problem ^^ and if they want to... well...basically as long as nobody sees, noonewill know =Xi think its fine to show pda....in less public places, depending on what it is. pretty much fine in public: peck on the cheek, holding hands, short hug, holding each other. not so fine in public: kissing...like really kissing..a long one...that keep some people oggling at the couple ._."no point making rules against it...if you don't want to see, don't look. they're still going to do it anyway. and students should be smart about it as well, make sure they keep it in check n make sure it doesn't bother the people surrounding them~thats what i think..

masugidsk8r

I think PDA's are okay but too much is not very annoying. I'd say that holding hands and quick kissing is good enough. The rest leave it to when you guys are alone. In my school there's too much canoodling and kissing. I'd say to keep it minimal.

FolkRockFan

I wish that people would be mature and courteous enough to limit PDA in *all* public places. School...the grocery store...the park...everywhere. People should be able to maintain some semblance of self control...especially when they aren't separated from each other for very long (i.e. the workday or school day).I don't mind when couples hold hands or kiss each other a little. I make exceptions to this, of course. If I'm at the airport, I expect people who have been separated to really get into greeting each other (as long as they don't start having sex in, I can look the other way and be cool with the whole thing).But overall? Urk. I don't wanna see most of it.

iGuest

Public displays of affection is a right and know one should take that away!-dylan davidson

iGuest

There is nothing wrong with PDA it is a part of life. everyone does it. you just hit a stage of your life and you just go along with it. it's all natural.-HoseHead

iGuest

At my school, PDA is not allowed. my girlfriend and I were STANDING together in a hall. we weren't all over each other, she was drinking a slushie and even had her back to me at that moment. a principal came through and called it a PDA. this was more than an hour after school. I got yelled at by a principal, a teacher, a counselor, and two pairs of parents. I was grounded from seeing my girlfriend and when we did see each other at school, we basically have to maintain a safe distance from each other because we've been labeled a "hot and heavy couple". through all of this, the principal was the only person who saw us standing beside each other. he referred to it as a PDA, so everyone who I was in trouble with assumed that it was serious. no one believes us when we say we weren't doing anything simply because we're "immature teenagers".

iGuest

I think that its all right because when you wanna hugg or kiss (make out) you should have the right to do that.-calabo

iGuest

That stupid pda rule is dumb! holding hands and giving hugs isn't like firing a machine gun! It's not killing anyone! I hate that rule.......I hate it alot!-girlypinkgirl07

iGuest

I think they go a little too far when it comes to PDA @ my school, they even banned high fiving and shaking hands!!! Some stuff like making out and stuff like that make sense, but no high fiving, I MEAN COME ON!!!!!-Jeni

iGuest

I'm just going to say that I am currently a senior and there is absolutely nothing wrong with some of the things that students have been getting in trouble for. Whats wrong with hugging your friends?? nothing!! kids cant even do THAT!? of course there should be a limit...no sex or anything close to that but honestly, who is it hurting to hug and give a quick kiss to your boyfriend or girlfriend? that's their own business and as long as it is not inappropriate, it should be allowed. And whoever it was that said "save it for your spouse" is stupid. grow up and accept the fact that this is part of high school. plus, kids cant just try to grow up only getting love from their parents. some people need it from others. I agree with the last person, its totally natural.

iGuest

I'm just going to say that I am currently a senior and there is absolutely nothing wrong with some of the things that students have been getting in trouble for. Whats wrong with hugging your friends?? nothing!! kids cant even do THAT!? of course there should be a limit...no sex or anything close to that but honestly, who is it hurting to hug and give a quick kiss to your boyfriend or girlfriend? that's their own business and as long as it is not inappropriate, it should be allowed. And whoever it was that said "save it for your spouse" is stupid. grow up and accept the fact that this is part of high school. plus, kids cant just try to grow up only getting love from their parents. some people need it from others. I agree with the last person, its totally natural.

iGuest

I think pda should be limited somewhat. I think that holding hands and hugging is okay, but the kissing part I can see why they don't want that because there is a lot of people who are ugly and your getting ready to eat and you see ugly people kissing its nasty. Not all pda is bad. but some yes I agree. but people are taking it to far, teachers and everybody else, my mom agrees that pda should be gone but honestly whats wrong with people holding hands or hugging?? NOTHING!! I think its bull and it needs a change I read the other "expressions" and its crap. I agree with some but not all. like the one that said They forbid it at our school for some strange reason, I don't really see all the fuss about it! Its just a quick hug. But I guess if you really want to you can run down the hall naked singing Britney Spears" god knows what they would say about that here in my school they pry send you to the office saying PDA PDA PDA DETENTION and we all would laugh and say PLEASE! n walk out. pda is okay for some but it shouldn't be this bad.-Shelby

iGuest

Yeah I think that PDA should be ok because some peoples parents don't let them date and they do it anyway and were else would they hang out with them besides lying to their parents and say they are going to do something and go hang out with there boyfriend or girlfriend but maybe people don't like lying to their parents why do you guys care so much!!!!!! -bobbie

gisellebebegirl

Should students in school show PDA's(Public Dispays of Affection)other than holding hands and a quick hug and kiss in the halls of the school?
I wonder to here you ideas about this here.

mmm if they feel they must, i guess so.. not be all getting at eachothe rkinky time at the wall.. if you know wat i mean (which happens alot at my high school) all guys want now adays is sexx

iGuest

Public display of affection...I love this expression.First of all, I'm a high school student. I do not have a girlfriend, and no, if I had one I would not make out with her in the school hallways. At least it's very unlikely. But we are talking here about two people that possibly love each other. So why should they not be allowed to publicly display their affection? If you are 30 and dating someone, who you might marry, you are allowed to publicly show affection. Agreed, for most high school sweethearts marriage seems pretty unlikely, but still I resent the idea of hiding a relationship from the public, no matter how old you are. For me this has something to do with free will. Of course, it's not appropriate to have sex in public, at least I guess that most people would agree to that. But should holding hands or kissing really be prohibited? Concerning the argument with the learning environment: What can possibly create a more family-like and friendly environment than to see that people actually still love each other?By the way: I'm in a catholic high school, ergo PDA is strictly prohibited.-reply by Ira`

techclave

to actually show real affection Public Dispays of Affection is not needed. just a warm greeting will do the trick.it is just a waste and ruining the minds of young children to teach Public Dispays of Affection to them. please dont allow it. thank you.

iGuest

I think we should be able to have no PDA in the public school. Its all good feeling to receive a hug once and a while from a special someone or a friend. I also think there is no harm in hold hands with someone else even if it is just playing around.-reply by kyanah

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2Page 3Page 4Page 5

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.