xisto Community
contor

What Bittorrent Downloader Do You Recommend

I'm currently using ?Torrent, but torrents are almost the same, you just have to have one that support the variest and torrents that you can almost find anything you wanted... I personally go for isohunt or mininova, but I rarely use torrent as their content is not totally legal and unsafe...

Edited by hype (see edit history)

for a torrent app i just use bitcomit

It is not bitcomit but BITCOMET and yes it is a wonderful program in my opinion. It has all the functions you need and I get top speeds with it...Another nice thing about it is that it doesn't eat up that much RAM and that is very useful with older computers (i don't care with my 1Gb of ram :) ). So go out there and download BitComet because I am sure you'll like it...

greetz

I also use uTorrent. I love it because it is a very small program that does not take up much memory unlike many of the other clients. Also, i just get better speeds from it. Before (i was using bitTornado) i got roughly 50 - 90 kbps depending on the number of seeds now i get 75 - 180 kbps depending on the the seeds so i obviously have stuck with it.

I second the usage of BitComet. It is an easy to use interface, but then again with regards to downloading torrents, there is no difference with which program you use because they all provide the same functions. Torrents are really coming out now, even websites providing downloads are providing torrents as an alternative to download along with mirrors. However I almost do not use torrents because they are way too slow for me, the fastest I have ever gone is only 27 kb/sec and that is when there are plenty of seeders, with a mirror I can go up to 700 kb/sec. But it depends on your preference and which works better for you.

I use Azureus, mainly because it has never failed me. And if anyone says that this BitTorrent client gives you faster speed or whatever, they're lying or not too smart. The type of BitTorrent client you use doesn't really matter, it's the torrent that you're using that affects the speed. (And also your ISP of course.)Azureus a bit of a computer resource hog, so if you don't have a fast computer (like me...) then you're better off without something else. BitTornado isn't that bad.

I didnt think info like this as allowed to be posted on this website.. but eihther way oh well goodluck

Giving advice on what program to use does not violate any law. We are not saying "you should try this to download copyrighted stuff", every person makes his own use of the p2p.

I use Azureus. I never have had any problem with it and I think is reliable. But I´m afraid they want to convert it in some kind of suite with a lot of features that probably will slow down the performance. They made me a poll a couple of months ago in which there were some stupid questions about if we use messenger, myspace and things like those. :)

Maybe if you say the reason why don´t you like Bitspirit and Azureus we could help you much better.

I would stick with Azureus... I have used it for over a year and I didn't have any problems with it. I heard people complaining that it eats too much RAM, but I can tell you I ran it for over 36 hours on my old computer (with 256MB RAM) and I didn't have any problems with it. I also have friends who use BitComet so if you decide to switch gto for BitComet.