xisto Community
red_dragon_here

Is There Life Anywhere Else On The Universe ?

The fact that Pluto was taken off the list of planets had me thinking about other planets and other galaxies.Surely somebody like us will be inhabilting one of those distant galaxies. If life started on the Earth, then it should have started on any other planet near a start like the sun. And there would be many such planets.What sort of people world they be ? Would they also have houses, electronic stuff, nuclear weapons etc. Would they be more advance than us ? Communicate by thought. Travel through time etc. Would they travel through space and find us. Because there is no chance of our finding anybody in the near future. If somebody else is living on this universe they have to come and find us out. Lets wait for them...

I really like this subject. If you sit back for a moment a realize the shear size of the universe then you will know there has to be life somewhere. Each star you see at night is a star like our sun. Each one having a groupe of planets. And they are only the ones in our solar system. then you have our entire galixy. then you have all the hundreds of billions of galixys in the universe. There has to be some sort of like on at least one planet when you take it all into context.

Edited by God-Of-Earth (see edit history)

Well yeah I mean cmon so many planets outside our Milky Way I mean there must be other life. What is the chance that there is none? Very little I mean we got life so can't other planets. <_<

Well, topics similar to this one have been discussed many times. I don't know whether we'll ever get to find out whether or not other planets have any kind of life, but I wouldn't mind betting that that even some of the nearest planets, such as Mars and Venus (Probably not venus as it's closer to the sun, so might be quite hot) may have some kind of life.I agree with what is said in the above posts, there are millions of different stars, planets and galaxies out there. Obviously, a lot of them are pretty much dead and haven't got the correct conditions for a living thing to be able to live.Maybe when scientists are investigating other planets and sending space shuttles to them, they might accidentally discover some form of life. This would be on the news I guess, so we'd find out if there was some kind of life. Space is such an interesting topic to discuss and think about. If galaxies and planets etc didn't exist, we wouldn't exist, so we wouldn't be here to speak.

If we ever found people, they would have to be totally different from us. Maybe they are used to living in -20 degree weather all day (finally we could have a use for Antartica). Either them or us would have to adapt to each other. Plus, would we try to move them unto our planet or theirs? What would the people be like? I would imagine that they aren't as educated as us, but who knows? Maybe there is a whole different place with a different Bible and King and they have their own solar system? It's a creepy thought, but one that must be considered.

The fact that Pluto was taken off the list of planets had me thinking about other planets and other galaxies.

Surely somebody like us will be inhabilting one of those distant galaxies. If life started on the Earth, then it should have started on any other planet near a start like the sun. And there would be many such planets.

What sort of people world they be ? Would they also have houses, electronic stuff, nuclear weapons etc. Would they be more advance than us ? Communicate by thought. Travel through time etc. Would they travel through space and find us. Because there is no chance of our finding anybody in the near future. If somebody else is living on this universe they have to come and find us out.

Lets wait for them...

I think we are mistaken if we think that there is no life in other planets or galaxies just because of temperature and the lack of water or oxygen.

Think how we die in water without artificial support and how fish die out of the water.

Think how plant use CO22 and produce oxygen and we use oxygen and produce CO22.

Think how polar bear are living in that atmosphere.

Think how we have blood pressure and the plants has another pressure.

Think how cows eat bush to produce milk and meat. Can people is living on the grass only?

Can Lion and other meat-eating animals survive on grass?

All this conclude that creator could create another type of life . I think all these planets and galaxies are not only for one life which is our.

Well as far as water goes, Mars has it underneath it's rocky surface. It also gets extreme heat, when on the right angle to the sun so that is a formula for bacteria, which eventually evolves into other creatures. The problem with it though is there is no food for them to eat...

Well as far as water goes, Mars has it underneath it's rocky surface. It also gets extreme heat, when on the right angle to the sun so that is a formula for bacteria, which eventually evolves into other creatures. The problem with it though is there is no food for them to eat...

Food is not really a problem. I remember reading once somewhere in this forum that deep in the pacific ocean, there are microscopic organisms that do not rely on sunlight and, instead, feed on noxious stuff like sulfur or metals, I dunno exactly. They get energy from the heat of deep ocean volcanic vents. I don;t see any reason why there can't be any such forms of life like this.

Jupiter's moon, Io, for example, has a more than healthy volcanic activity. I'm not sure about groundwater in Mars, though, although water can remain liquid on mars, I think.

Yes I know I was just chating with a guy who is 1000 light years away from us. lol <_< Very good point raised by Kasm, we know that atmosphere is ecessary for life and all our prediction that life is not in venus, mars etc. is based on this fact, that they cant have life supporting atmosphere.But life can be of any form, it is not necessary to be originated from bacteria, but can be of some new form, who knows. I think some sort of life can be possible in Sun too, as Husker said life can be in -20 degree weather then why cant in +millions of degrees.So some day will come when an UFO will land in earth, and not only 2-3 people but the whole world can see them, I wish this to happen in my life time.

I'm a member of an amatuer astronomy club in the area in which I live. One night the main man was telling us the possible number of stars in the universe. He held in his hand a plastic container holding 4 grams of sand. He spread them out and counted 1/4 of the sand grains which were 500. the total numer of sand grains were 2000. He then said that a two (2) tonne truck can hold 500 000 000 grains of sand. Now imagine a row of two tonne trucks all loaded with sand bumper to bumper around the equator. Every single grain of sand is a star. We are looking at very large numbers now but that is still a very small number in terms of the universe. Each star may have a body orbiting it (or a planet). It is strange to think that some people actually admit that they think this is the only planet that has life. Of course there is life - you would have to have a very small mind to think so.---I believe.

that is a very intresting question and a bit scary! <_< they could be more advanced be able to travel vast amounts in a short time but no one knows i'm sure one day we will find other life but until then we can only dream.

this is one of the reasons why i wanted to be an astronaut when i was young. i've always wanted to explore stuff that's beyond our planet's reach. outer space is so vast and most likely there are other galaxies with systems that closely resemble ours. it's possible, of course. the only thing is we really don't know since we can't travel lightyears to explore the entire universe. it gives me so much thrill and excitement to know that we're just a small particle relative to the vast universe.with regards to the pluto being removed from the solar system, the news shook me up. but i've read that people who feel affected by the decision, like me, should look into the brighter side of things. that is, with the discovery of other "dwarf" planets like xena, which is also on the outer recesses of the system, gives us the proof that the universe is really vast and that there are other stuff out there that we don't know of. who knows millions of years later, people in the future probably have the technology that gives them the capacity to cross boundaries, limits that we cannot reach at this moment. i'm starting to think that i want to be reincarnated to know what will happen in the next lifetime.

of course there is life on other planets in the universe. If you look at the sheer numbers of the universe, the probability becomes almost 100%.there are literally thousands of billions of stars in the universe. Even if only 1% of those stars have planets, that would leave tens of billions of stars with planets. next, if 1% of those stars with planets were habitible planets, that would mean that there are billions of habitable planets.Next, if only 1% of habitible planets had life, there would still be tens of millions of planets that can support life. Finally, 1% of those planets that can support life actually has life, there would be hundreds of thousands of planets with life.If we are talking intelligent life, go one more step... 1% of those planets with life will mean hundreds of planets with intelligent life.The only problem is that the universe is so big that just because there is intelligent life out there, it doesn't mean that we will ever meet them. it is low probability that intelligent life is actually CLOSE to our solar system.

The universe is a very very big place, and I believe there has to be some other kind of life force out there. But the truth is we will never find out. Or would be?