xisto Community
Reaper

Wireless Electricity tranfer electricity without wires

The idea behind this is to get some sort of wireless way to transmit electricity this would make the process easier and when it comes to people stealing wires well there would be no wires to steal. it would have to be based on a bluetooth type technology but it would have to transmit much greater distances than bluetooth can abviosly. I thinking it that there would have be a unit that could convert radio waves and those type of things into a useable form of energy i know this is probolly really way out but no one said it had to be possible to be put on here

Oh dude I don't think there's any probably way to transmit electricity wirelessly like that.. The whole air would be filled with so much of static that it'd severely damage any electrical devices in the vicinity.. humans would zapped every so often - and your body hair would always be standing straight.. Only possible way I think is to use electricity and generate some sort of radio waves - which on the receiving end is converted back to electricity - though, how efficient such a process will be is highly doubtful..See unlike any kind of waves - electricity needs a potential difference at both end of the wire to flow down (or find it's path).. imagine yourself standing between two powerful +ve -ve poles kept at two sides of the room.. Now imagine turning of the power and happening to walk between those poles.. The electric arc will jump out from the +ve pole in an attempt to reach the -ve one, but finding you in between nicely grounded, it'd jump first onto you and try to reach the ground.. Lol.. ZAPPPPPPPPP!!!!

what i'd rather see is some kind of motor (portable, at best) which can harness all the static around us, and transform it to electricity for use anytime, anywhere. :angry: imagine an ipod-sized generator you can carry around, where you can stick in any electrical device at your convenience. :D and we wouldn't have to worry about electrical bills any longer! * you attach it to an electric car, and zoom away... clean air, no pollution!* you plug in your laptop, and even in the middle of a jungle you can play your favorite cd/dvd/game! (and work too, if you want :angry:)* ...and more uses you can imagine on your own :D(batteries are not included. :D hehehe we wouldn't need them with this kind of a revolutionary product.)

umm,it may be impossible to carry out the idea for ever IMO.because in life,the electricity we use is in extremely high voltage than wave which we often receive through wireless.if there is no medium to load and transmit it,on the contrary only by air,the air will become ionization and dangerous to around.this innovation and idear can compare with this plan that convert sea water to fresh water.if come true,there will be no water crisis in 10 yrs. :angry:

The idea behind this is to get some sort of wireless way to transmit electricity this would make the process easier and when it comes to people stealing wires well there would be no wires to steal. it would have to be based on a bluetooth type technology but it would have to transmit much greater distances than bluetooth can abviosly. I thinking it that there would have be a unit that could convert radio waves and those type of things into a useable form of energy i know this is probolly really way out but no one said it had to be possible to be put on here

I remember that at last time when someone tests "tranfer electricty without wires" half part of siberia's nature (region of russia) was damaged! It's phenomen called as "Meteorite of Thunguska"!!!

Posted Image

It's very powerful method...

This idea is basically impossible for a few reasons. As other pointed out, the amount of energy to be transmitted is HUGE, microwaves (current wireless frequencies) become kind of very dangerous after a certain treshold, nevermind prolonged exposer to of it(even for lower levels). For exemple your wireless card transmits at .035 watts (standard) your pc needs around 300 Watts which basically amounts to a small microwave oven. Imagine just running one pc off of that... not a good idea. Another problem is of course a tremendous loss of energy due to disipation. In space an omni-directional wireless signal disipates its energy proportional to the square of the distance it has traveled. Not a good idea to have to transmit at 900 Watts just to get the pc running which is 5 meters away, you'd need to buy a powerplant just for yourself.

A way to get around this problem is of course a directional transmission, in the fashion of a laser... but I don't want to know what happens when my cat accidentially jumps into an invisble 300 Watt laser... nevermind that every fly can interrupt your powersupply (every fly would be able to do that only once of course but there are enough flies out there).

I think I'll stick my good ol' cables. I think wireless electricty transmission is pretty much out of the question at the moment until somebody finds a new technology... maybe something neutrino based, who knows?!

idear can compare with this plan that convert sea water to fresh water.if come true,there will be no water crisis in 10 yrs. :angry:

Israel has already been using those plants for a while...

If it was possible (and not dangerous), I think it would be a good idea. It would more than likely be hard to get it to work, and maybe even harder to prevent it from even being dangerous (which, even if it was possible, the danger would still be there). I've thought about things like that a few times.

I think thinkgeek hit the nail on the head, (for those of you who don't know this year for april fools they had a wireleff extenstion cord set!) at the bottom of the page was a warning

Warning: Even though these microwaves are about as harmful as the leakage from an ordinary microwave oven (not much), do not put computers, televisions, other sensitive electrical equipment, food, liquids, paper, glass, flammable substances, magnets, or living things in between the base and satellite units. Just in case.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/wec.shtml

Thats a really good idea, since we won't need to have any outlets. But it sounds really dangerous, because if you have electric all over the place, in the air or even water, people are much more likely to get electricued.

How bout converting energy into very very super high frequency waves (not necessarily radio waves). These waves are PROJECTED to a reciever and at the recieving end where it is converted back or even used to generate electricity.In short,We do have a tiny generator with us and we have a mother machine which supplies them with some sort of energy which is WIRELESS but powerful.

the only way would be for a portable generator to transform particles in the air into electricty (by using them to run the generaor which would produce the electricity).I really can't see it happening though at least not for another 100 years, hell it'd be THE best form of environmentally friendly power.

umm,it may be impossible to carry out the idea for ever IMO.because in life,the electricity we use is in extremely high voltage than wave which we often receive through wireless.if there is no medium to load and transmit it,on the contrary only by air,the air will become ionization and dangerous to around.this innovation and idear can compare with this plan that convert sea water to fresh water.if come true,there will be no water crisis in 10 yrs. :angry:

we can convert sea water to fresh water... just takes too much money... lol

I have read much on electricity and have studied quite alot about electronics and even went to college a little while to study it. I recall reading an article that made reference to electricity being transfered without wires. See, the problem is, everybody wants to send electricity through the air and I don't think this is feasable. (Excluding RF frequencies, etc. of course.) But it is feasable to send it through the earth. (OK, now quit laughing and read on..)But, I remember reading about the famous Nicola Tesla and his claim that he could transfer energy (Electricity) through the earth. He was the inventor of the tesla coil and was experimenting with x-rays before anyone even really knew what they were. He was also heavily involved in AC current, or what now is referred to as "household current". Nicola Tesla and Thomas Edison were at war over whose type of electricity was supierior. (AC vs. DC) Edison referred to Tesla's voltage system as "The Electrocutioner's Current" and referred being electrocuted as being "Westinghoused"There is an excellent bio, etc. on Nicola Tesla at Wikipedia.org. Maybe we should read a little more about electricities history before we say that "wireless electrical service" is not possible. I myself would love to see the technology come to light to make that possible. :angry:Also try looking up telluric currents, it is VERY interesting.It is possible in theory.

Edited by MAME_NUT (see edit history)

What a fascinating subject.I think , they have already visualized, this in Cartoon named "Centurions"....THANKS to Micro's Idea...Where , they used to beam onto objects , using Rays ....Similarly , maybe , the energy source , can be beamed onto , to an existing battery , in a distance , to Charge , it and use it onto . It must be that , the beam should not diverge , or maybe it should be a bare minimum . Hence , energy can be beamed onto .

Edited by loosu (see edit history)

Indeed a very fascinating subject, i can't not say my opinion. So i think the radio waves and microwaves are already a threat to our bodies (carciogenic). But i guess energy can be transmitted through air (i don't know if it's economically feasable as the air isn't as good transmitter as copper say or aluminium ) but i've read once that space solar plants could transmitt back the energy to earth by microwaves( perhaps some very high density beams) to a receiver at some height that it wouldn't affect organic life. Then again it would loose very much energy through air ionisation and heat dissipation. I still think the most advanced way of transmitting energy will be nano-particles-based, i dunno how but air transmitting isn't that good as i see things. We're already surrounded by too many radiowaves and magnetic fields and static electricity and so on. This can't be good for the cells inside us.