xisto Community
Reaper

Amd Vs Intel see which brand of processor is more popular

Amd processor or Intel processor  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally preffer the amd chips as they give you much better performance when it comes to games and that is the main thing i use my pc for. The amd's are also alot cheeper for a equvilent chip performance. Some of the new Intels are good aswell but they are way over priced !!

I am currently using an Intel but it is an old Pentium 3, so when I look at buying a new computer, I want to get the most for my money. Many shops sell AMD computer chips for a heck of a lot cheaper than there Intel equivalent. The AMD seem to be cheaper and so I think that they will be the most popular here, many people prefer dual core computers now and AMD are definetly cheaper than the Intel.

I have used an AMD processor in my last 3 computers, as they seem to run faster for the money, and are more reliable than their Intel counterparts. Most people who choose Intel normally choose them for laptops or becuase they are bundled with the PC. Most people who build their own PCs seem to use AMD chips.

I always get amd... I find they are better and have less problems. Cause I have had issues with intel's in the past before. That caused me to not really like them. Also, I just find overall amd's are better for gaming, performance, and my daily uses :angry:

I'm using an AMD cpu. I used to use Intels exclusively, but a friend persuaded me to switch over. Intels while being more expensive really didn't offer me much more that the amd cpu could not fulfill.I suppose the biggest temptation to switch back then was the price, but now I'm noticing a bit superior performance in some of my multimedia applicaitons and games.

I used to use pentiums back in the 90s because they were the best thing available. In 2000 i got an AMD duron and i was amazed by its performance.Right now, my desktop uses an Amd athlon cpu. I have a 3.4 ghz Amd ahtlon 64 in my laptop as well.2 weeks ago i got a new laptop, with a Pentium M processor (1.8 ghz). Speed wise, the Amd athlonx 64 laptop (same amount of ram) kicks the pentium's **bottom**.But battery wise, my Penitum M(obile) lasts almost twice as long (both laptops have brand new batteries so thats not the issue).I think that if you want power you definetely need to go AMD. I havent seen AMD's mobile cpu in action, but the Pentium M is pretty awesome too considering how low the power consumption on it is.

I've got both AMD and Intel. I say those are good in a way or another. Intel is alot more hotter than AMD. Intel uses more power than AMD too. In terms of processing, Intel seems to fair in better position.. It's hard to rate between both processors because both had it's own pros and cons. If there's a choice for dual processors, I'd have both for their pros.

AMD at the current time would have to be better for most purposes, simply because of the price/performance ratio, as well as temperatures and power consumption. Dual-core Intels lose out to AMD X2's in just about everything (ie similar price point CPU match ups), except Photoshop, and I think there are similar results with the single cores, with Intel only having an advantage in some multimedia applications, whilst gaming and general usage tends to go to AMD.In the next generation of chips this may change though, the Conroe chip coming out from Intel looks very promising (when initially compared to the s939 AMD chips out now), and the next generation of AMD CPU's - the AM2's are said to only utilise DDR2 RAM, whilst "so far" only offering little in performance gain (though this is somewhat speculation).

Yeah.. People believe that its good to have amd when it comes to games.. but the one thing bad with amd is that its processor gets exhausted / hot very soon..if you are living in kind of warm place , it disturbs because it gives a lot of noice too :angry:
I like intel processors very much , centrino in laptops and pentium in desktops...:angry:

I personally preffer the amd chips as they give you much better performance when it comes to games and that is the main thing i use my pc for. The amd's are also alot cheeper for a equvilent chip performance. Some of the new Intels are good aswell but they are way over priced !!

I always look into both. You don't buy a new processor that often and when I do I always want the one which does the job I require.Currently I am using a Intel but my last two processors have been AMD.

I currently have an Intel Pentium D processor in my computer. AMD and Intel have been really close with processor technology so far. However I think that will change now that I've seen Intel's offerings to the market especially with the conroe processor. AMD will really have to work hard to catch up.

Edited by Arigato (see edit history)

i'm currently using intels in my desktop and laptop, not by choice, thats just what they came with. I must say tho that there will always be one in front of the other in terms of performance, the processor market is constantly changing, so there will never be one "better" processor, it does all come down to how much money you have and what you want to use it for

i've never used an AMD but my friends who make their own pcs use them and tell me they're way better. I might go with AMD for my next pc but as u guys said its more for hardcore gamers.. i lean towards being a multimedia/graphics user so should i stick with AMD or intel?

I really prefer amd's over Intel. I definetely think that even though amd chips are a whole lot cheaper than intels, it doesnt necesarrily mean that they are low quality. They are even better than intels most of the time, maybe because we see it from a gamers point of view, in which I think amd is stronger, but in mobility I think that intel i the leader right now. I really dont care much about mobility, so I would rather get an amd chip and some extra ram with the money I would be saving.

I prefer AMD cause it is not as expensive as Intel and much better for gaming. Just because AMD CPU clock is alot lower doesnt mean its less powerfull than Intel. Intel has been lagging behind AMD for some time now, yet they still cant come up with a reasonably priced chip that matches the performance of its AMD equivalent. Yea, some people would prefer Intel just because it offers the support for DDR2. However, once again, higher clocks dont mean more power as AMD with its DDR3200 can easily beat Intel with DDR2 and it will cost less than Intel. So consider these facts and choose wisely. :angry: