If you have ever tried to download several things simultaneously through IE then you may have noticed that it doesn't work quite the way you may have hoped it to. This is because IE limits the amount of simultaneous downloads to two. This is done so that the perceived download progress appears to be tolerable. If you have a high speed connection then your browser should be able to handle a few more downloads. Here is 2 different steps I found to increase your number of connections. Have fun!
This is to increase the the number of max downloads to 10.
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the following key in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings
3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value (a dword) , and then add the following registry values:
4. Quit Registry Editor.
1. Click Start | Run and type regedit to open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to HKEY CURRENT USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings
3. In the right pane, click an empty space and select New and then DWORD value.
4. Name the new value MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server
5. Right click the new value and select Modify.
6. Under Base, select Decimal.
7. In the Value data field, type the number of simultaneous connections you want to allow.
8. Click OK.
9. Repeat steps 3-8, this time creating a value called MaxConnectionsPerServer.
10. Close the Registry Editor.
Now you will be able to run more downloads at a time.Notice from KuBi:Copied from here without proper quotes. Warning issued.
|REGISTER||GET FREE HOSTING|